Dual Sport Kit Headlight/Directional/Horn Switch

I have the BD standard dual sport kit. I like it as it has proved very rugged........except for the headlight, directional, horn, kill switch assembly. It has gotten damaged a couple times from trucking the bike. Handlebar to handlebar contact. I have tried to mickey mouse it, but can't get the high beem working for an inspection sticker. Before I dump $70 on a new switch assembly, does anyone know of a more durable alternative?

Sure. Almost any street bike has a switch that will work if you change the plugs. That being said, the Honda XL series has a very narrow, durable unit. I just mounted a switch unit from some Yamaha FJsomething on my XR. It was laying around in my brother's misc parts stuff, so it the perfect price....FREE!!!

Targetdrone, how did you figure out the wiring? Maybe I could pick up something at a motorcycle salvage yard.

I took it apart to see which wires went where, then I used a multimeter to test for continuity. Then you can solder (prefered) or crimp on connectors.