Dual Sport Kit Headlight/Directional/Horn Switch

I have the BD standard dual sport kit. I like it as it has proved very rugged........except for the headlight, directional, horn, kill switch assembly. It has gotten damaged a couple times from trucking the bike. Handlebar to handlebar contact. I have tried to mickey mouse it, but can't get the high beem working for an inspection sticker. Before I dump $70 on a new switch assembly, does anyone know of a more durable alternative?

Sure. Almost any street bike has a switch that will work if you change the plugs. That being said, the Honda XL series has a very narrow, durable unit. I just mounted a switch unit from some Yamaha FJsomething on my XR. It was laying around in my brother's misc parts stuff, so it the perfect price....FREE!!!

I seen a partial baja designs kit on Ebay that has the switch assy with it, you may wanna check it out, bidding was very low last I looked, heres the auction # 4553296422 go check it out. :)

Thanks for the tips! Targetdrone, how did you figure out the wiring? Maybe I could pick up something at a motorcycle salvage yard. That ebay item looks like a possibility, also.

I've gone thru 3 BD switches on my pig, 2 on my KTM. BD replaced the last 2 for free, no problem.

Here's some alternatives.

Haven't tried any of them yet, but I gonna if mine fails again.

Targetdrone, how did you figure out the wiring? Maybe I could pick up something at a motorcycle salvage yard.

I took it apart to see which wires went where, then I used a multimeter to test for continuity. Then you can solder (prefered) or crimp on connectors.