HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MJS426

Broken Front Brake Caliper Mount

11 posts in this topic

I broke the front brake caliper off on a stump yesterday on my 2002 YZ426F and I dont really want to give $220 to the local yamaha dealer for a whole new assembly, when all I need is the inside bracket. Does anyone know where I can get just the bracket for cheaper? The local shop told me that the caliper is the same on all 2001-2002 YZ250, YZ250F, WR/YZ426F.

Thanks for you help,

MIKE

Mike I have 2 from a front brake upgrade - 1 from a 01 426 and the other from a 03 450 - tell me what the numbers are stamped on yours-

They are nissin - I will sell it to you for 45.00

1st one stamped 2 L 3 1

2nd one stamped 0 L 4 1

:)

I also broke my caliper bracket on my 02 WR 250F. I desided to spend some cash, a lot less thatn 220.00 though, and bought a oversized rotor that comes with a trick looking caliper bracket for around 120.00. It was an EBS. Now my bike stops on a dime. I wouldnt have a stocker on there anymore.

Hey David, the numbers stamped on mine are 1 T 4 1 . Which ever one is off of your '01 426 should fit, according to the yamaha shop, even though the numbers are different. Let me know.

Mike

Hey David, the numbers stamped on mine are 1 T 4 1 . Which ever one is off of your '01 426 should fit, according to the yamaha shop, even though the numbers are different. Let me know.

Mike

let me see which one fits on my 450 - :)

The stamp #s are not the part #s

I heard that you have to be a real Sally to break that part!!! No one else hit that stump!

Get it fixed, must ride!

Sally, I mean ryan, I would have thrown a water bottle at that damn stump, but I just didn't happen to have one in my hand at the time. Anyways have a good weekend at horse haven if you go.

Mike.

You wouldn't have thrown a water bottle at that particular stump, just the innocent one next to it!!! :)

I did the same thing on a rock recently and bought an entire caliper off ebay with the master cylinder and brake line for 32 dollars. It bolted right up and was from a 00 YZ426 and I have a 01 YZ426. The dealer had told me the same thing that it would not work but it is absolutely identical.