Hydralic clutch? anyone try one? worth it?

I purchased one the other day.I have a Xr 650R. I bought mine from Src. It fit up nice. I am going to a dual sport run this weekend. I will give you a report afterwards what I think of it. Happy riding, Tony

Is there a honda clutch master cyl avail from another bike that is the mate (ie looks the same/factory) as the brake master cyl? I have a really nice slave cyl and mount that will fit the xrl just want to find a master cyl that looks fatory, must be some nighthawk etc master that matches. Thanks

Hey All,

I took it for a ride to work today. It is a lot less of a pain then the stock cable. I feel that I have more control over the clutch then with the cable. I am happy but the test will be this weekend. One hundred miles of dual sport. I can't wait. Hapyy riding, Tony

Hey All,

I took it for a ride to work today. It is a lot less of a pain then the stock cable. I feel that I have more control over the clutch then with the cable. I am happy but the test will be this weekend. One hundred miles of dual sport. I can't wait. Hapyy riding, Tony

Hey thouk,

how much less would you rate it? 1/4 or 1/3? Less? More? Do you mean by more control I assume a smother actuation??

Xr,

When I had my clutch cable installed it seemed awfully hard to me. I feel that the hydraulic feel is about 1/2 of the cable. I like it a lot. More to follow... Tony

Xr,

When I had my clutch cable installed it seemed awfully hard to me. I feel that the hydraulic feel is about 1/2 of the cable. I like it a lot. More to follow... Tony

Wow, thats allot. What I read on their website they rate it rather conservative about the pulling strength. Hmmm I may have to think about it again... thanks for the info ?

Det

sorry i don't have a 600/650...but i saw this post and thought I'd chime in. I put a new Dirt Digger clutch and heavy duty springs in my 97 CR250 and it went from 'hard/firm' to almost unridable...unless you have forearms like Popeye.

I tried everything to make it easier... Easy pull levers...and the Teflon coated cables from Motion Pro. I finally ponied up the money and got the Magura kit from the TT store. It is now less than half of the pull...I'd say, it's even better than the stock clutch pull.

One finger to work the clutch! It's amazing what a difference...it's so much better that i bought one for my xr420 with heavy duty clutch springs.

I don't work for Magura or have any monetary reason to endorse their products...but i have to say that they make a good product and the 4 times i contacted their USA distributor, I've gotten a real live person to respond and answered my question immediately.

In my humble opinion, a 5 stars operation.