HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XRKING

650L suspension knowledge needed

3 posts in this topic

My suspension seems very soft. I weight 235 and was going to get springs more suited for my weight. Also I was thinking about re-valving the forks and shock. Has anyone done this or maybe just one or the other. Did it help or make things worse? Thanks

even though I don't have a 650L, I have gone to stiffer springs with the R, going to either revalve them myself or send my suspension to Precision Concepts this winter to have work done.

I suggest doing it with your bike if you have the funds for it, makes a world of difference, for the better. Nothing beats a properly set up and tuned suspension.

The L is sprung from the factory for a 170 pound rider. The only way you will get it right for you is to respring it. XR's only has a good setup, but you may want to check for a local racer that does work on the side that's what I'm doing now.