HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tony1970

Radiator guards and overheating?

6 posts in this topic

I have an 05 WR450 and I want to put some full radiator guards on it,like Devols, but I have heard that they are prone to causing overheating. Has anyone had any problems from them or is this just a rumor? Thanks for your help.

ive got devol gaurds on my 99 WR400 and they rock.mines CA plated so I romp through the streets and it gets hot but what bike doesnt?i dont think the radiator gaurds make a difference.

Just Do It..radiators are expensive to replace or repair, the effect is less than 2% so the effect is minimal, and if it is still a problem use a coolant additive (ice cool etc)

Good luck

I have them run - in 60 to 85 plus degrees, never over heated. You have a WR, coolant tank on left rear side. tough to over heat these bikes.

I put them on after wrecking a radiator.I had plenty of mates tell me theres caused overheating.The first ride in really tight stuff my bike started to boil.I changed my coolant with genuine coolant mixed to specs and i havent had a problem in 2 years.I would rather have to keep an ear out than wreck another radiator , ouch