? 2005 XR650L lighter flywheel?

Hi I have a 2005 XR650L and I just wanted to know if anyone has ever putting a lighter flywheel to try to get the bike to have more snap? :)

Thumper racing doesnt do the flywheel services anymore, thats what they told me when I ordered my 675cc kit.

Thumper racing doesnt do the flywheel services anymore, thats what they told me when I ordered my 675cc kit.

Parts failure? or no real benifit? Just curiass :)

Idk, he didnt say why... Didnt bother me, I didnt want the service done b/c I wanted to keep the low eng torque for the trails. Any compitant machine shop can turn down a flywheel anyways if you want to. They just put it in the lathe, do some measurements and go. You could always call TR and see what they say.

Zack

I think heavier the better also since torque/inertia is my friend, happy with the 675 kit? seems affordable enough. Any thoughts on overheating or noticed a big diff in oil temp?

I'm still waiting on the kit, it should be here tomorrow or monday at the latest, hopefully! I'll post back to my original post when I get it in and running.

Zack

I had a light flywheel on another bike.....Was a pain......Made it too easy to kill the engine during light braking....

The XRL has way too much flywheel weight. Take off about two pounds and it will liven things up. The XRL has plenty of low end pull, a light flywheel will not cause stalling. If you can't find anyone to do it, I'll do it for you.