HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nate22

FCR Carb Power jet info

9 posts in this topic

Has any one had experience with running there bike with the tps power jet disconected? what are the resalts? Anny info would be greatly appreciated.

Whats a power jet?

The TPS just advances/retards the timing based on the throttle position. It has nothing to do with a jet.

Is the TPS located on the carb? is it the little electrical plug located on the carb? And I thought all the keihin carbs that come on the yzf 426-450 had a power jet or (accel pump) located in them, and that was what the little electrical plug was for. I was just wondering what the little electrical plug was there for.

OK - the electrical thing is the throttle position sensor or TPS.

I have never heard the accelerator pump referred to as a power jet before but, yes, all of the 426/450 used the accelerator pump.

I don't know of anyone who has disabled the AP on purpose. Plenty of people have limited the duration and amount that is sprayed.

O I see, I was wondering because I need to buy a new carb for my 450 and was looking at FCR cabs from differint stores and some did not include the TPS electrical plug for the ignition and were cheaper. I just wanted to know if it made a major difference. Thanks.

Why do you need to buy a new carb???

O I see, I was wondering because I need to buy a new carb for my 450 and was looking at FCR cabs from differint stores and some did not include the TPS electrical plug for the ignition and were cheaper. I just wanted to know if it made a major difference. Thanks.

The TPS is not required, in fact at least on the -03s many people (including me) have it disconnected.

stolen

Stolen carb? Unusual... Check out the Edlebrock offerings. I ride with YZFan and he picked one up for his YZ400F and said it was the best mod he ever did (search the posts by YZFan). He got it dirt cheap on eBay brand new, so maybe that's an option.

In regards to the TPS and accelerator pump; these two are completely separate. The TPS (electrical plug) deals only with the ignition, nothing to do with the accelerator pump. Some people disconnect it on purpose and it seems to run OK (search the threads here). I'm not sure if I would run without an accelerator pump; I believe you'll be looking at some serious bog issues if you get a carb without an accelerator pump.