Another exhaust idea I'd like to run by you guys.

Would it be worth it to run a complete dual exhaust on the 650R? Or are some of you firm believers in the scavenging effect?

The reason i ask is it seems it would be pretty easy to just run it completely split the whole way. I know they used to do it on some of the baja bikes (1x to be specific) but have now switched away from that to the Procircuit.

edit:

I have searched and found this: https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225162&highlight=dual+exhaust

but it didn't have the information I was interested in.

P1010083.JPG

the whole reason for considering dual exhaust is to eliminate that exhuast pipe running in front of the frame there.

And the 1x exhuast is what started me thinking on dual exhuast. It would be great to get this thing on a dyno and hand tune the exhuast for max power.

P1010083.JPG

the whole reason for considering dual exhaust is to eliminate that exhuast pipe running in front of the frame there.

And the 1x exhuast is what started me thinking on dual exhuast. It would be great to get this thing on a dyno and hand tune the exhuast for max power.

I looked at this from many angles my original thought was to run one down each side of the bike but I would have to run the lft side on the outside of the frame at the rear cause the shock placement and that is not an option cause a wreck would toast the pipe. The safest route was the stock routing.

I will be dyno tuning mine when it is done I got a new 41mm flat slide carb.

I will post the numbers for you when it is done.