HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GIANTac1

05' xrl smog removal?

2 posts in this topic

I just removed the Ca. smog cluster f*** off my bike. What do I do with the hose coming out of the gas cap? Should I remove it, cap it? Speaking of caps, did anybody have a ruff time putting the 2 little black caps (that IMS provides) on the vacuum nipples in the front of the carb? I couldnt get them on so the hoses are just plugged for now........ Any info or comments are more than welcome.

Thanks,

Josh

I just removed the Ca. smog cluster f*** off my bike. What do I do with the hose coming out of the gas cap? Should I remove it, cap it? Speaking of caps, did anybody have a ruff time putting the 2 little black caps (that IMS provides) on the vacuum nipples in the front of the carb? I couldnt get them on so the hoses are just plugged for now........ Any info or comments are more than welcome.

Thanks,

Josh

Don't work too hard on getting those nipple on, the IMS directions are not quite understandable or wrong... at least for my 2001 model it messed me up and it popps real good during decel whit the connection missing.

check here http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258712

I posted some pics of my carb (2001) yours might have a port more where you need to plug...