HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hanginiron

smog pump

5 posts in this topic

buy taking the smog pump off, and all the free mods. can a state park like Carnegie. not let me ride there because of all of the modifications I know its a stupid question i was just curious. also is it possable to remove the plugs once there installed (ais) kit. thanks in advance.

Technically they probably could but I doubt you'll ever see a gate guard with enough of a clue to figure out what should be on your bike. My bike has all the mods done and I ride all the Norcal state and BLM riding areas and I've never been looked at twice.

Joe

And I would not like to try to remove the plugs! Definitely possible but not something you would want to do.

I agree with Joe I also ride norcal and have never been looked at twice by any rangers. I did all the free mods and the ais kit before ever bringing the bike out.

I even removed the smallest baffle on my stock pipe before sound testing at hollister svra and past at 89 db. The plugs would be a real chore to get out I would think you would have to carefully drill & tap it then fixture it with a slide hamer.

Phil

thanks for the info i was just courious. this is such a great forum :thumbsup:1st 4 stroke. thanks again