HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HamBonE_23

What's the fattest tire i can use?

10 posts in this topic

I have an 01 Yam WR426. The rear tire is a 110/100/18. What is the fattest tire without having to do any mods that will fit?

send a pm to Indy wr450, he uses a terraflex , that is huge and fits.

Please post up the results!!! And after seeing your size, the WR model's have smaller rear rims?? I say that because my YZ426 is wearing Dunlop 110/90/19 And my understanding of the numbers is width/sidewall ratio/rim correct??

Ham bone 23 do u have the stock rear rim??? My YZ has stock

I have a 2000 yz426 I went to a 18 inch rear wheel. ..stock is 19 inch, I run a 120/100/18 it fits fine, It is a little heavy though

I purchased the bike used. I just pulled up some info on Google and see that the bike origionally came from the factory with a 120/90/18.

So would a 120/100/18 fit???

That's a taller tire, not wider. You'd have to go to a 130 for a wider contact patch...SC

TeraFlex 140/80-18 is the biggest tire you can put in but they dont make a 19" version so you have to replace the rim and spokes. :)

If the TeraFlex 140/80-18 is the biggest, what would be the best performance tire for a hard/inter track?