What's new for 2006

Ever since Irondude was banned from TT. :D

The information about the CRF650X has been nonexistent. I know for a fact that he was testing the only prototype in North America. They had finally figured out the ignition mapping with the fuel-injection and variable timed pneumatic valves.

I also know that it will be lighter and have MUCH more power than the TE510. ?

?

Wow.....interesting. I used to own an '01 XR650R, loved that bike. Looks like I've been outta the XR loop for too long, I should start keeping up on the rumors!

Nice machines man. All the mags gave them awesome reviews. I'm just scared to leave the trusted Honda reliability.

The guys that I ride with that use them have never had reliability problems. ?

It comes in at around 60lbs lighter than the XR, race ready. :D

I plan on keeping the XR for DS and long distance rides. :D

?

Nice machines man. All the mags gave them awesome reviews. I'm just scared to leave the trusted Honda reliability.

I've owned two 300's, and they've been at least, if not more rock-solid than any XR I've owned (200, 500, 600, 650).

...I was thinking of a used 300exc 2 smoke...

That's what I was looking for as well early last year. I ended up running into a killer deal on a super low hour primo condition '02 cr250 and had plans for it. I've had some great fun with it (especially on tracks), but I haven't even started on my long term cr250 plans yet (270 kit, 10oz flywheel, mo'betta porting, z-start, dual sport kit, PWK Air Stryker carb, etc). A 300exc should be a blast ?

Glad to hear it then guys. I rode one a few weekends ago...definitely nice ride. I did a ride and it was 50 miles of singletrack on the BRP. While I kept up just fine, I was totally beat by then end of the ride. I hop on my xr250 and it's like I'm a pro.

10 yrs ago I race enduro's and hare scrambles on a 300exc. Most reliable bike I have ever owned. I raced that thing hard for 3 seasons and put in one piston and rings. Just cause I felt like I should, not because it was feeling clapped out. All you had to do to get it race ready was adjust the suspension for you and put on whatever guards you feel appropriate. I rode a couple last year, and I must say I did notice the lack of torque (compared to the BRP). Yes, it pulls good down low for a 2-smoke, but you actually have to pay attention to what gear you are in! Can you imagine? That is why I would lean to the 450EXC. BUT...there are a lot of good deals out there on used 300's.

Too much coin for those, IMO. Yeah they're race ready but there's always something you need. I'm checking out an 02 300exc this weekend. We'll see what happens. I wouldn't mind the rev of a 2 smoke in the sand.

Yeah I know. I'm going to go a grab some throttle and it's not going to be there. HOWEVER, I'm not selling the pig..hell no. She's way to near and dear to my wallet...I mean heart at this point. ?