HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arel451

Voss' 450

10 posts in this topic

Have any of you guys read that test on Heath Voss' 450? I think it was in MXA. They mentioned that the engine was lowered in the frame to make it very Honda like in handling. My question is how does this work with the production rule? Can a frame be slightly altered as long as it started out stock? How much lower do you think it was dropped?

I imagine they did the lowering with the motor mounts. I have no knowledge of this, but the rules say nothing about changing mounts.

The front mounts and the head stay are simple enough. Just make different ones. The lower mount is another story. The mount bolt passes through the frame and the engine hard point with no intervening parts. That would have required a modification. The article mentioned an inch, as I recall. Go look at your frame and tell me how they could have done that without cutting and extending some part of the front of it.

I went back and looked at the article again. It mentioned the radiators were 1 inch lower.

The engine was lowered (rotated), but it did not give an exact figure on the amount.

I think we should try it. I am shocked that someone here on TT has not done this mod.

I went back and looked at the article again. It mentioned the radiators were 1 inch lower.

The engine was lowered (rotated), but it did not give an exact figure on the amount.

I think we should try it. I am shocked that someone here on TT has not done this mod.

Maybe they just let the air out his tyres......... :)