Break in oil after rebuild

Any particular oil weight I should look for or avoid? stay away from synthetics? any helpful advice is appreciated.

Stay Away From Synthetics For Break In!!!!

Use your normal oil and change it after 2-3 hours. There is no reason whatever to avoid synthetics during break-in other than they cost a lot and it's cheaper to "throw away" dino oil.

I broke my 250F in on the same Mobil 1 MX4T that I use in the bike all the time, and it has not used a drop of oil since before its 4th hour of operation.

BTW, ...your new avatar.... :D:)

Right on Grayracer. I know a distributer for Amsoil and I asked him the same question about using synthetics for break in and he said go ahead and keep using the same oil I've been using (motorex 10W50). :)

Just so you know, and in spite of the fact that I think he's right this time, distributors selling a product might not be a good source for accurate technical info. :)

Just so you know, and in spite of the fact that I think he's right this time, distributors selling a product might not be a good source for accurate technical info. :)

Very true, but I trust this guy. The shop I work for buys product from him all the time. But you are right, most distributer's will tell you anything if they can make a dollar.

All true.

A good dealer/distributor will, and should, know more about his/her product than the average guy on the street. So find a good one that you can trust. They're out there trying to make a living just like everybody else!

But as in all cases, buyer beware!

Amsoil salesmen giving technical engine advise. YIKES!

That's like asking a dealer for jetting recommendations.

Guarantee they will both have the answers!