Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hill5150

Magura hydraulic clutch

12 posts in this topic

go get a pair of those spring-type hand exercisers for about $10, and spend the rest on booze and women ....

Barnum uses one on his Baja bike. When riding that I found it to be harder to pull then stock, the way he had it setup.

go get a pair of those spring-type hand exercisers for about $10, and spend the rest on booze and women ....

:):):D

:D

OK your'e right.................I'm going now..... :)

Note to self:: Nowadays,have I ever got onto a bike,any bike with a cable clutch,and,hanging onto the wild horsepower as I`m going over whoops or on trails as fast I can go within my own capabilities,have I ever thought "That bikes OK ....but I think it`d be better with a hydraulic clutch".....if not ....leave it

Just food for thought...no sarcasm intended ....just being realistic??

I have one on my CRF450- it's awesome. One of the best mods I did to that bike. But not sure it's needed on the 650, depending on what kind of riding you're doing. If you're doing a lot of tight, technical trails and slow rocky sections, then yeah, it'd be worth it. It didn't make the clutch pull much lighter, but the lever position and engagement point is more adjustable and way more consistent than stock. Much easier to slip the clutch & moderate power delivery on hillclimbs, in the snotty, off-camber stuff, roots, etc. And, not that we have a problem with this on the 650's, but it helps me stall a lot less in the really tight stuff too- and it's easier to start the bike in gear (better disengagement). I paid $175 for mine on eBay.

A few years ago I put one on an older ('93) KTM that came with a cable clutch. It was actually the same unit as for a CR250. That one made the clutch pull easier than my son's KX60! Before, the clutch pull was so hard I had to use all four fingers to pull the lever in.

Just my $.02

Right on, just thought it might help the pull, my cr 500 from back in the day was a beast of a pull. Last time I heard hydraulics worked great............ :)

Had one on my XR430R. I really liked it.

An auto-clutch might be a better investment it you're doing lots of technical stuff.

I have heard that they dont work all that great on the XR as how they are set up requires the clutch acuator to be pulled rather than pushed...any thoughts on this? I am really intriugued with the idea of the Magura.

No technical really, just balls out dez and daily street riding.Just looking for an easier pull.