HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mx426

New tank, white plastics. Good?

20 posts in this topic

I have some blue wheels but need spoke kits and they will be on. Soon hopefully.

I cut up some graphics I had lying in the garage. They were bluebut the tank is so big it dwarfed them and they didn't look right. Kind of like a fly on a hippo's butt.

The guard was made by my buddy here at work. I may have to go back to using header wrap since the tank and right side petcock are so close to the header.

I am in the process of redoing my 00 426 had the frame powder coated candy apple blue with candy apple blue wheels I also had the value cover, clutch cover and ignition cover powder coated the same color as the frame and I was thinking about going all white plastics with hot wheels graphics and seat cover. The bike should look pretty sick. I think the blue wheels and some nice graphics will make that bike look awesome.

Where are you located in texas I am always looking for new people to go riding with. I live in the D/FW area. :)

I live in The Colony. We need to get together and ride. I am planning a trip to Gilmer for the weekend and my son and I ride Rocky Ridge at least once a month. I am also due for a trip to Muenster. Shoot me a pm next time you ride and I will do the same, maybe we can ride then. :)

Very nice.

I bought an IMS tank, but nobody makes shrouds for the 250 in white, so I was stuck with black. I went with the XGX US flag graphics.

I really wanted white.

Looks wicked! :):D

BTW...thanks again for loaning me a radiatior for the GMB II :D:D:D. Man has it been that long? 2003? You gotta come out to a track with us some time.

Thanks guys, can't wait to get the wheels on. Satch, check your pm's.

Very nice.

I bought an IMS tank, but nobody makes shrouds for the 250 in white, so I was stuck with black. I went with the XGX US flag graphics.

I really wanted white.

What year is your bike? Check acerbis , they have some white ones depending on the year you have. www.acerbis.com

Nevermind, just checked your garage nada for 05 wr250's.

Nice, it'll look awesome with the blue wheels.

Miles (Supafreak_711)

01 YZ250F

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo

Nevermind, just checked your garage nada for 05 wr250's.

'05 WR is the same as the '03 and up YZ, and no... nothing in white.

I do like the white plastics. I have wanting to powder coat the frame but have heard horror stories about not getting the oil res. clean How would one get all of the medis/sand out after blasting?

Don't let it get IN.

Paint shops have tapered rubber plugs that they insert into any threaded opening that is not intended to be painted/coated. They can also be used during the cleaning process, but it might be best to use regular screws to cap everything off and use a chemical stripper.