HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OldenPhatt

Anybody using the GPR Steering Stabilizer?

11 posts in this topic

I want to get a steering stabilizer for my 02 426. I heard good things about the Scott except that it partially blocks the oil input so you have to loosen it and shove it out of the way to put oil in the bike, which seems sort of lame. Is anybody running the GPR stablizer on a 426? If yes, do you like it? Can out put oil in the bike without opening your tool box?

I have one. I like it and oil is a cinch to put in without having to move anything. Between my rg3 susp. and my gpr it makes my old bike 02 yz 250, seem like a handling dog. Good luck

Love mine! Bike is completely different thru the washes. Haven't change the oil since I mounted the unit. Doesn't look like it's a problem though.

id have to agree, its one of the best things ive done, and with good suspension you can rip anything on the trails without troubles, its saved my a** quite a few times already and makes riding tougher trails much more enjoyable, not to mention going faster!

I wouldn't mind one either, i presume these are also very handy in Supermoto ?

Just so expensive, here in the UK they are equivalent to about $850 USD.

Cant justify that kind of spend on something that might not make much of a difference to me...

i am with DAZ 426 on this one. I wouldnt mind having one but need some $$$ to get one. A friend of mine has one on his yz 400. He said he likes it. I havent rode his bike yet. But i am going out this weekend so i will ask him for ya then...

I wouldn't mind one either, i presume these are also very handy in Supermoto ?

Just so expensive, here in the UK they are equivalent to about $850 USD.

Cant justify that kind of spend on something that might not make much of a difference to me...

Look regularly on Ebay for a deal

I use one on my KLX 650 and it works great. Great service department there at GPR too. Very friendly and QUICK turn around should any problem arise. Don't need one on the Husky for Baja, but would love to try their new, quick shift on the fly model that came out this year. Steny :)

My buddy has a Scotts on his 00 426. He just uses a long funnel and it works fine. Ebay is definately the place to find a damper CHEAP.

I had a GPR and hated it :) not enough adjustments I got a Scotts now and love it so many adjustments sweep ,high speed, low speed, free back to center :D The GPR just has dampning you want to talk about arm pump :D go with Scotts there about $50.00 more and worth it :)