Front Fork Issues

I have an 04 WR 450F and I have encountered an issue with the front fork seals. They will develop a leak and one can see the fluid from the suspension flowing down to a puddle on the ground. At the current moment I have the front forks off my bike and with send them in to be resealed for the second time. Is there anything I can do to reduce these leaky seals? I have a friend that rides an O4 Honda CRF250X and he has not change the seals once. Help me out!!!!

Cool, I will try this. Is there any way to keep grit from getting up there in the first place?

Cool, I will try this. Is there any way to keep grit from getting up there in the first place?

You can use the fork saver which a lot of people swear by... You can do a "search" on them to see what people say about them.

Seal Savers work very well. Just remember to clean under them regularily. :)

drewpeacock

NIce job with the pics. :)

AAARGHH! I've tried the seal savers, I kept the legs clean, it's got good springs for my weight and riding style, I've tried the Honda seals, I've used the film... they still leak like crazy! And I had to pull out of a ride yesterday when ALL the oil puked out of the right one!

Totally ticked and at a total loss of what to do with this thing!