Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,776 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,333 posts in this topic

Thanks R560!

Yeah, I tried to copy and paste but it didn't like the paste. Any words of wisdom are aprreciated. /Brian

Thanks R560!

Yeah, I tried to copy and paste but it didn't like the paste. Any words of wisdom are aprreciated. /Brian

after you transfer you photo link to your post add before and after (no spaces) to your link should do it works for me:thumbsup:

beaut looking place your riding in Donkk,

cool looking pig too:smirk:

Thanks dino .... we are lucky here in Utah with great places to ride:ride:

Hey guys, got a little update for you all, added a few things and gave it a good squirt this weekend, will probably stay like this now for a while till i get a bit more money after spending it on my ute and paying off my parents :ride:

P1000649.jpg

Let me know what you think and what should be next on the list apart from motard wheels as i really want them. :ride:

Check me garage too.

Thanks

Matt.

Looks like you're driving on turf! is that all ya got for the green stubbly stuff "down under?"

Looks like you're driving on turf! is that all ya got for the green stubbly stuff "down under?"

Why do you say that? Because of the knobbly wearing? The fella before me that owned it used it as a dirtbike and a town weapon, i myself have done a bit of pavement and a bit of dirt, frankly i will keep paying $100 for a rear tyre no matter how quick it wears.

The reason being is on my old XR250R with dual sport tyres on it i never knew how much i missed knobblies in the dirt. Knobblies and the power of this thing rock. Still trying to master the wheelie on it, need to be strong and use more throttle :ride:

Oh and that green stubble is just the backyard stuff, everything else round here is fair dead right now, since its summer. Winter should be good, but still not many places to ride like you guys.

7Nova4 - Very nice bike! Be careful about leaving it on one of those buckets too long though. They have a tendency to slowly bend on one side, and then, BINGO.

Bike looks awesome! Do you run into a lot of XR owners in Russia, or is a different type of dualsport more common?

HI

Usually I ride with people who have similar bikes. We go in the town and in the countryside (off-road).:ride:

Man Nick650, I love the color scheme on that third picture of the dirt version of the 650L. I like the red side panels and the white frame. Did it come that way in Russia or did you come up with that scheme yourself. Looks great....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By WolfNman
      Can anyone explain to me why the mid-pipe on certain XR600R/XR650L exhausts gets substantially bigger before attaching to the muffler? In most cases it is actually the same size as the muffler where it attaches. The XR's only mufflers are a great example of this and so is my White Brothers E series muffler. On the other hand you have the more traditional mid-pipe shape from companies like FMF for the same XR600R. The midpipe is relatively the same size from the header to the muffler connection. Even high performance street bikes use this approach so why is it different with the big single?
      I've been looking at replacing my White Brothers muffler lately because it doesn't have the discs nor the backing plate to make it USFS approved. I've been back and forth between the FMF Powercore 4 and the xr's only mufflers. I was wondering if the odd mid-pipe shape helps the XR's only mufflers flow better. From what I've read the XR's only mufflers are stupid loud and that would warrant a quiet insert for me and thus choking the high flow muffler, right?
      Also, for anyone wondering- the White Brothers header that was installed on my XR600R is VERY CLOSE to the same dimensions as an XR's only header at both the cylinder and mid-pipe connection.
    • By duganbmx
      Hey guys, Just came across all of these old school slide shows. They take awhile to record and upload to youtube. But I'm trying to get the good ones done first. Full of info and fun to watch. This one is all off road models cr500r cr250r cr125r cr80r cr60r as well as xr200 xr250 and xl600r. Also there is a test at the end of part 2 so make sure you study hahah.
      part 1
      part 2
      I'm about to do another from 84 street bikes  going to be fun
      enjoy!
    • By griffinR
      So I ordered .47 fork springs and 11.5 rear spring for my xr600r from XR's only. And I bought the race tech suspension bible. So far I can't find any talk about what people have done for shim stacks or other fork mods. I have ideas about what I think I should do but why experiment if there is a known good starting point.  I revalved  my ranger about 10 years ago and I remember finding a lot of info online to help me with a starting point.
      I'm 6'2 230lb. The bike is plush now but  bottoms bad when I get in the whoops and I blew out the bearing for the rear shock last ride. 
      Any tips or tricks ? I'm not that great of a rider and no suspension expert but I'm pretty sure it can be set up better for me.  I hoped the race tech "bible" would have some info in it but it seems like more of a sales tool for the gold valves...

• By DavidsXR650L
      I recently bought a Honda XR650L 2017! im looking to upgrade it quite a bit! So far i got ProTaper handle bars...which is a must and i think i need bigger pegs (my boots are MX boots) ,full exhaust? Or just muffler? Alsoi want to rejet it and anything else? I ride in Nevada n going to be riding in SoCal. But i would love to know what other XRL owners have done that they loved! Racks and or anything helps ... Have a pretty nice size budget but love good deals! 
      Question=does it use metric or standard tools? My dad just got a 2017 KTM690R enduro and we ride together and his tools dont fit my bike?