Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,777 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,346 posts in this topic

Here is my first bike EVER!!!!!!! figured I would go big right off the bat and what better bike than this trusty honda. All stock only owned it bout 2 weeks.

XR.jpg

was a cold ride today but worth it rode up to leadville got some mexi food mmmm...

Went for a ride with the buds out in the hills; some dirt, goat roads, nice twisties. The poor guy that was on the hayabusa was hating life, roads were reeeeealy rough and bumpy.

photo2-2.jpg

^^^This one is lookin southwestish off the hills outside aptos, homeboy has property...

And this one down here vvvv is looking more southeastish into salinas...

photo-2.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

Here's the bikes in corralitos before eureka canyon...^^^

And here, my friend who wishes to remain anonymous:smirk: is fixing his fickle pumpkin:lol: Just kidding, he was hookin up the goPro...:p

photo4.jpg

Thank´s guys, she is my wife also likes motorcycles, she wants for chrismas a CRF 230 L, we will see.

I live outside USA so I bought all the mods by internet, the exhaust sistem, handlebar and Dyno Jet at their web pages, the UNI filter at XR´s Only.

Its a little more expensive than directly in a dealer (I think) but it is the only way.

There is another one from the tail.

http://s616.photobucket.com/albums/tt244/defesio/?action=view&current=22022009102.jpg

All cleaned up and ready for a desert ride tomorrow. :)

BRP-1002.jpg?t=1237063044

BRP-1003.jpg?t=1237063056

Thanks for inviting ME???????????????

Thanks for inviting ME???????????????

Sorry about that. :banghead:

It wasn't my plan, I was invited by someone else. You're more than welcome to come, we'll be in El Mirage at about 9:00 am. :)

You have my cell number, give me a call. :banghead:

Bikesloaded001.jpg

1 person likes this

Sorry about that. :banghead:

It wasn't my plan, I was invited by someone else. You're more than welcome to come, we'll be in El Mirage at about 9:00 am. :)

You have my cell number, give me a call. :banghead:

Bikesloaded001.jpg

I lost my cell Phone and all my contacts. Call Me??????

Bikesloaded001.jpg

http://s581.photobucket.com/albums/ss251/xrkevy/?action=view&current=7f35.jpg

http://s581.photobucket.com/albums/ss251/xrkevy/?action=view&current=PICT0006.jpg

http://s581.photobucket.com/albums/ss251/xrkevy/?action=view&current=hhh-1.jpg

http://s581.photobucket.com/albums/ss251/xrkevy/?action=view&current=PICT0088.jpg

http://s581.photobucket.com/albums/ss251/xrkevy/?action=view&current=PICT0128.jpg

Picture 1-my first XR650R

picture 2-my second XR

Picture 3-my second XR kitted out in motard trim.

picture 4-my first XR frame after some moron pulled out in front of me whilst i was doing 40mph through town "ouch".

picture 5-my first XR at it's current rebuild stage alongside the second XR.

DSC_0724.jpg?t=1237315014

1994 XR600R street legal & slightly modified to a

“PW600R “

(Phat Whale 600R)

This bike was purchased a few months ago (actually in a trade for my 02 KTM 300EXC). It was in fairly good shape, but in needed maintenence. Had some cash thrown in with the trade, so I figured that would get spent in a hurry, it did.

The bike did not pass emissions after 3 attempts, turn out it needed a valve adjustment (badly). Then figured it was a good time to check the fork oil (black as ink and very waterery). Decided that it was over due for a complete inspection & servicing. Took the bike over to my cousins house and it ended up torn down to the frame in a couple hours.

I never liked the white frame much and this seemed like good time to do something about it. Powder coating in “hammered gray” was the answer. While the bike was apart, sanded & polished the swing arm & painted about everything else that did not look new. Chuck cleaned & polished every bolt & bracket he could on the grinding wheel and replaced the rest.

List of the add on goods, best as I can remember:

Steering stem bearings replaced, every bearing cleaned & greased, forks serviced, shock rebuilt, a bunch of seals replaced so the bike no longer leaks at all, had buddy peg mounts welded to the frame, frame then powder coated in hammered gray, powder coated pipe guard, kick stand & chain guard to match frame, had pipes ceramic coated in polished silver, put on XR’s Only heavy duty shark fin, graphics, thermometer dip stick, billet choke plate, Supertrapp silencer, 4.7 gallon IMS desert tank, Motion Pro teflon clutch & throttle cables, Pro Taper Pastrana hi-bend bars, new fork boots from Dennis Kirk, Supertrapp silencer, new seat cover, Maier front disc guards, Scott Summers Racing oil cooler, MSR clutch perch, HO stator, custom ignition & wiring harness from a XL, modified air box w/vents, IMS Super Stock foot pegs, some steel braided oil lines (bling, bling), EE bark buster bars with Hyde Racing (tough as steel) hand guards & red billet mounts to upper clamp, Skid plate, put magnetic oil plugs on both resevors, polished the side covers, cleaned everything. That is about all I remember for now. Chuck B did most of the work as I have limited ability & tools.

Still need to fabricate a bracket to mount front headlight (thinking about going HID). Mounting a horn & GPS mount too, will be polishing out the aluminum on the L side covers later. May go with a CRF motocross rear fender & LCD tail light later too. I have considered switching to all black plastic on the XR. Once this plastic gets all beat up, I may paint it all black to see how it looks.

DSC_0726.jpg?t=1237312512

DSC_0719-1.jpg?t=1237315108

Tape on frame is to protect it from kickstarter. Orded a new knuckle for kick start, suspect the current one is off a CRF or other bike and does not fit properly ($43 part, hope it works).

XRSilverCeramicpipe.jpg?t=1237315624

Before polishing side cover. Will polish oil cover too then L side cover.

Leftrears.jpg?t=1237315771

You can see powder coated kickstand & case saver. Was going to add on a billet chain guide but cleaned & left the stock white one. Air box vents in.

Engineclean.jpg?t=1237315846

R cover polished

XR600Rframe.jpg?t=1237315910

This is when the bike was coming back together. We failed to take pics of the tear down and never took a proper before picture. It looked like any old beat up XR I guess. Summers oil cooler mounted but not hooked up yet.

DSC_0719-1.jpg?t=1237315983

New IMS wide pegs are nice and the XR's Only fit is VERY substantial.

Also picked up a Hot CDI and will install it soon, then re-jet to account for the added performance from box, filing opening of pipes and airbox venting.