Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,776 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,334 posts in this topic

Harescramble

So you have to ride a new bike to decent in a race eh? Pfft. Got 7th place in row 8 c heavy class. 2nd race on my 600. Last race I was like 24th place. Huge improvement. I love this bike.

Here is the video of the race. Thanks again everyone for your assistance.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsk3IrBdGY

1 person likes this

Harescramble

So you have to ride a new bike to decent in a race eh? Pfft. Got 7th place in row 8 c heavy class. 2nd race on my 600. Last race I was like 24th place. Huge improvement. I love this bike.

sweet bike!  I have the same graphics on my XRL.  It has an XR600 tank.  I race ECEA hare scrambles in NJ/PA.  Its a blast on these bikes.  Love the full matching gear!  Factory XR!

2 people like this

I've got another camp weekend to post some shots of Ryan and I but first I must declare my love for my good ole XR and wanted to post a before and after. I bought this old hammered and street plated 93 xr600 4 years ago as a cheap way to get back into riding dirt and a fun commuter.  I had plans on rebuilding it so the condition was actually exactly what I was looking for. She's got a 450x front end and a FCR carb along with a JE 100mm piston and a hotcams cam. I've rebuilt the rear shock and removed some rebound shims and upped the fluid viscosity. I was lucky enough to scrounge another wheelset for commuting so I can always have some knobbies ready for weekends. This bike has been more versatile than anything I could find anywhere for any price! She absolutely rocks in the offroad, we have baffled many of my riding buddies in the tight singletrack and they all love watching the big old xr getting tossed around at speed . I freaking love my bike and she goes with me to my grave ! ;) I would love to see more "before and afters" along with any info on the story. Heres my before and after and then some pictures from a couple weekends ago. Cheers to the XR!

Before:

IMGP2014.jpg

After:

IMG_0022_zps2dr2bg92.jpg

Some more of my lovely 93 xr600 and my friend on his 97. Went camping with a bunch of friends in the Mendocino national forest (California) at a place called stony ford. Bottom half of the area was open rocky and steep fire roads and then up the mountains was some really fun woodsy single track.  Happy to say she did not miss a beat. I freaking love this machine. Had no problem hanging with all my "serious rider" friends on 450's and 300's all weekend. In fact the 300 overheated on a long ascent and was spewing coolant, that had me chuckling to say the least !

FullSizeRender%205_zpspbxeojbu.jpg

20160319_101437_001_zpsu3vppxxj.jpg

20160319_124547_005_zpsd2xw2gue.jpg

FullSizeRender%203_zpsp46a8lns.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps5newnpog.jpg

FullSizeRender%206_zpsctoit8qy.jpg

IMG_0042_zpshp5dofgj.jpg

FullSizeRender%202_zpsors6r4a0.jpg

20160320_0950590_zpsmlsv8qji.jpg

10 people like this

2000.old race bike.

Needs TLC as it's been sitting,presently working through the carb,Runs and starts great

I love it in our back country

IMG_3825.JPG

I've got another camp weekend to post some shots of Ryan and I but first I must declare my love for my good ole XR and wanted to post a before and after. I bought this old hammered and street plated 93 xr600 4 years ago as a cheap way to get back into riding dirt and a fun commuter.  I had plans on rebuilding it so the condition was actually exactly what I was looking for. She's got a 450x front end and a FCR carb along with a JE 100mm piston and a hotcams cam. I've rebuilt the rear shock and removed some rebound shims and upped the fluid viscosity. I was lucky enough to scrounge another wheelset for commuting so I can always have some knobbies ready for weekends. This bike has been more versatile than anything I could find anywhere for any price! She absolutely rocks in the offroad, we have baffled many of my riding buddies in the tight singletrack and they all love watching the big old xr getting tossed around at speed . I freaking love my bike and she goes with me to my grave ! ;) I would love to see more "before and afters" along with any info on the story. Heres my before and after and then some pictures from a couple weekends ago. Cheers to the XR!

Before:

IMGP2014.jpg

After:

IMG_0022_zps2dr2bg92.jpg

Some more of my lovely 93 xr600 and my friend on his 97. Went camping with a bunch of friends in the Mendocino national forest (California) at a place called stony ford. Bottom half of the area was open rocky and steep fire roads and then up the mountains was some really fun woodsy single track.  Happy to say she did not miss a beat. I freaking love this machine. Had no problem hanging with all my "serious rider" friends on 450's and 300's all weekend. In fact the 300 overheated on a long ascent and was spewing coolant, that had me chuckling to say the least !

FullSizeRender%205_zpspbxeojbu.jpg

20160319_101437_001_zpsu3vppxxj.jpg

20160319_124547_005_zpsd2xw2gue.jpg

FullSizeRender%203_zpsp46a8lns.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps5newnpog.jpg

FullSizeRender%206_zpsctoit8qy.jpg

IMG_0042_zpshp5dofgj.jpg

FullSizeRender%202_zpsors6r4a0.jpg

20160320_0950590_zpsmlsv8qji.jpg

Awesome picks.

Looks like you and your mate have the 650ls running sweet.

Anything els done to the engine? 

Edited by rmhrc630

I thought this would be a fun comparison, my bike next to one that is almost completely stock...

FullSizeRender-7.jpg

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

FullSizeRender-6.jpg

2 people like this

Bike is ready for summer..i degreed the cam this year and re-seated the valves.....also put a new rear sprocket and chain on it,,

i didn`t like the new rear sprocket at first but it`s growing on me..lol

B

APRIL16_zpsmwn1mnji.jpg

4 people like this

Here's mine after a winter in the barn. Battery relocation with 600R side panels and a usd conversion and an aftermarket headlight. Now if I could clean up that tank.

1461525038561.jpg

1 person likes this

IMG_0616_zpshv4kan6e.jpg

After 3 years nearly there (tank decals, chain and a couple of odds and ends).Its not a resto just a good clean up, hopefully on road in 6 months, now that would be a nice Xmas pressie!!!

1 person likes this

Here's mine after a winter in the barn. Battery relocation with 600R side panels and a usd conversion and an aftermarket headlight. Now if I could clean up that tank.

Nice bike dude! On cleaning up the tank try an SOS pad lightly an in one direction. I use it on all my white on my xrl an my cr the plates on my cr are 14 years old an STILL look new!

On the l I have an ims tank an it got dingy yellowish SOS cleaned right up. Try it an let me know

Edited by bubba thomas

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461548119.883656.jpg

Here's one pic of it not that great but you can kinda tell that it is not dingy. This tank is five years old btw.

2 people like this

Damn. What size are those tires?

5.1x17 rear 4.6x17 frontDSCN4908.JPGDSCN4907.JPG

Edited by hobojon
2 people like this