Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,776 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,334 posts in this topic

Here's my pig. Daryl has an oversize tank as you can see.

Lmfao, I would hate to pickup THAT pig. Probably weighs more then my bike!

1 person likes this

Maybe try the big brown pig section....BBP Edited by 600thumper
1 person likes this

Hi guys I have unbolted my header pipe and I have run into a problem. I have snapped on of the header exhaust bolts, I would like to have some tips and feed back to how I am going to get that bolt out, I really need this urgently because I have to do it tomorrow, thanks

Needs oversized footpegs. Those little bitty stockers just wont do!

Hi guys I have unbolted my header pipe and I have run into a problem. I have snapped on of the header exhaust bolts, I would like to have some tips and feed back to how I am going to get that bolt out, I really need this urgently because I have to do it tomorrow, thanks

Wrong place to post your question. You'll likely not get any answers in this thread. THis is supposed to be a photo thread.

1 person likes this

ya i got a lil hog in me lol     he a pic of my bad ass XR all niggerd up  lol  i dont have that seat skin yet  but thats it

NICE_Honda_XR650R_5_Flashy_2-600x450.jpg

1 person likes this

Love the wheels. What make , where did you get em and how much $ ?

Excel takasaga rims, Buchanan stainless steel spokes, stock hubs. Got the stuff from http://www.ksrwheels.net/ And the XR master over on adv rider(mcma111) laced and trued them for me. All in all probably $425 and the beer to have them laced and trued :) :)

Hope it helps.

1 person likes this

Be careful with steel shifters. Yes, they are strong, but you may break the shift arm into the case, rather than the shifter itself. Just something to consider.

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

Yes sir. Thanks for the info.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By baldy110
      I swapped in a cush wheel on my XRl so I have this Warp 9 wheel up for sale.  Straight, no dents.  The hub is drilled to accept the XRl sprocket.  Just bolt it on and go.  $375.00 shipped to the lower 48.

• By WolfNman
      Can anyone explain to me why the mid-pipe on certain XR600R/XR650L exhausts gets substantially bigger before attaching to the muffler? In most cases it is actually the same size as the muffler where it attaches. The XR's only mufflers are a great example of this and so is my White Brothers E series muffler. On the other hand you have the more traditional mid-pipe shape from companies like FMF for the same XR600R. The midpipe is relatively the same size from the header to the muffler connection. Even high performance street bikes use this approach so why is it different with the big single?
      I've been looking at replacing my White Brothers muffler lately because it doesn't have the discs nor the backing plate to make it USFS approved. I've been back and forth between the FMF Powercore 4 and the xr's only mufflers. I was wondering if the odd mid-pipe shape helps the XR's only mufflers flow better. From what I've read the XR's only mufflers are stupid loud and that would warrant a quiet insert for me and thus choking the high flow muffler, right?
      Also, for anyone wondering- the White Brothers header that was installed on my XR600R is VERY CLOSE to the same dimensions as an XR's only header at both the cylinder and mid-pipe connection.
    • By duganbmx
      Hey guys, Just came across all of these old school slide shows. They take awhile to record and upload to youtube. But I'm trying to get the good ones done first. Full of info and fun to watch. This one is all off road models cr500r cr250r cr125r cr80r cr60r as well as xr200 xr250 and xl600r. Also there is a test at the end of part 2 so make sure you study hahah.
      part 1
      part 2
      I'm about to do another from 84 street bikes  going to be fun
      enjoy!
    • By griffinR
      So I ordered .47 fork springs and 11.5 rear spring for my xr600r from XR's only. And I bought the race tech suspension bible. So far I can't find any talk about what people have done for shim stacks or other fork mods. I have ideas about what I think I should do but why experiment if there is a known good starting point.  I revalved  my ranger about 10 years ago and I remember finding a lot of info online to help me with a starting point.
      I'm 6'2 230lb. The bike is plush now but  bottoms bad when I get in the whoops and I blew out the bearing for the rear shock last ride. 
      Any tips or tricks ? I'm not that great of a rider and no suspension expert but I'm pretty sure it can be set up better for me.  I hoped the race tech "bible" would have some info in it but it seems like more of a sales tool for the gold valves...