Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,763 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,284 posts in this topic

That is up on Cleghorn ridge looking down on Lake Silverwood.

The other is off of Hodge road and the 15.

Edited by McRover

My project... on the way is megajolt ignition,330 watt stator,crf forks to bolt on,and a few other bits. Then .....

Thank you!

Any problem with the handlebar, in the small turns?

None whatsoever! Perfectly clear lock to lock!

my newest addition to the family 1986 XR600r

IMG_0336.jpg

next to big brother

IMG_0340.jpg

and why not....my photobucket pc background

IMG_0289-1-1.jpg

nice 650r m8

looks good with that usd en black frame.

im searchin for those white nr plate background decals, anybody know where to get them cheap?

seen a set on e-bay but the shipping to the netherlands was way to high.

To Teampiney, nice headers and muffler! custom or aftermarket, if its after market, where from and what sort of gains do you get?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By bldmtnrider
      Well cared for 2001 XR650R for sale.  I am the original owner and bought it new in Feb 2002.  Don't know exactly how many miles are as they didn't come with odometers but I would estimate 5-7K.
      Lots of upgrades including Clark 4.3g tank, Cycra Handguards, Magura oversize bars, excel rims front and back, skid plate, radiator guards and a scotts damper sub mount (mount only), rear disk guard and oversize springs.  I still have the original parts I took off so going back to stock spring rate/gas tank/skidplate/... wouldn't be a problem.
      The bike is 100% ready to ride - chain and sprockets are in good shape, wheel, shock and swingarm bearing are all tight.  Doesn't smoke or leak fluids
    • By dlee
      Will the front Maier disc/fork guards for an XR600 work on the 2006 XR650L?
    • By Black Mesa Offroad
      Suspension setup for a 240-250 lb rider. Extra tall Guts seat foam and gripper seat cover. Garage kept, tires are in good condition. Honda power up kit adds about 10 more horsepower. The bike is not street legal in California. 

$3000 or best offer
    • By ToddFather
      Sorry all.  I'm sure there is plenty of info on the forum regarding this topic already, but I am apparently challenged when it comes to searching.  I do not know much about jetting but have been researching and readying about the "Dave's Mods" and am confident i  can handle that and plan to do it to the bike shortly after i get it (couple weeks away).  The bike is completely stock presently with very low miles (just over 100).  Question is this:  I don't plan any internal engine mods but I do plan to de-smog right away.  When $$ permits I plan to do the following all at once:  Uni filter and remove snorkle; FMF Q4 (possibly with the stock headpipe or power bomb); Dave's mods to carb.  Like i said I do not know much about jetting but I did have installed a dynojet kit in my Brute Force when i put on the new muffler and filer.  I see they have a Stage I and Stage II available that would appear to fit the bill in my case.   Which one should i go with?  I am looking more for proper jetting with the increased air flow and to correct the lien issue than I am for shear power.  Also, would I be better off just ordering the specific jets as i have seen elswhere on the forum from jetsrus or whatever the site is?  I will ride primarily Indiana, Wisconsin and Michigan so no crazy elevations to consider.   Thanks in advance for helping out an old guy new to the forum!
    • By Brillot2000
      Hello All,
      I recently started a project where I purchased a 1987 Honda XL600R basket case.  The engine required too much to repair it, so I purchased a 1987 XR600R solely for the engine.  I have already mounted the XR engine into the XL frame, see the images below.
      This is not my first rodeo, plus I have an Electro-mechanical Engineering background.  I am seeking advice from experienced persons that have done this engine swap in the past and what needs to be done that i might have overlooked.
      The engine is currently mounted, has spark and clean carbs installed.  Need an o-ring that I ordered to button up the oil lines.  Then I can fill with oil and gas to lit up the XR engine, which is basically stock at this point.
      Here's what I got and I think needs to be done:
      XR Motor with the XR Carbs Will be using stock XL airbox. Will be using stock XL exhaust system. Swap XR Stator with XL Stator.  Will I need to swap the rotors too? Will need a new rear sprocket and chain.  Any recommendations on the number of teeth I should use on the rear with this motor? Will be needing a set of new tires too.  Any recommendations on tires for street, trail, and dirt riding? Any advice will be helpful and appreciated to help save me some time and this old girl back on the road sooner.