• Announcements

• Bryan Bosch

TT REVIEWED!   06/27/2017

Fasst Company Impact Adventure Foot Pegs

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,777 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,346 posts in this topic

Well, I've just read and looked through every single post in this thread so far. Saved heaps of pics of motard conversions, and have sent out plenty of PM's asking what bits are on bikes etc.

Time to start the project. Wish me luck, should have my own BRP to post up here soon!

Recently sold my 01' XR650R and decided to keep my XR600R that I rebuilt last year.

Got old man piggy 200w of light today.

Not quite as snappy as younger brother XR650R, but freshly rebuilt last winter. I have a soft spot in my heart for this bike. Now all it needs are some USD forks.

That's the nicest XR600 I've ever seen. Great job.

Figured I would posted an updated pic now that the black fork boots are finally on (much better looking than the torn old blue ones).........

BEFORE:

dsc03002s.jpg

AFTER!!

dsc03042e.jpg

dsc03046e.jpg

Unbelievable --- Exact Bike and Exact same color scheme I was going for. Where did you get the graphics and seat cover. It looks awesome!

Purchased a 1998 XR 650L about two years ago. It was in decent shape, and rode it as is for a while.

New.jpg

Then, just because I missed my street bike I decided to supermoto it out, and ended up with this.

Motard.jpg

IM000889.jpg

Was a lot of fun, but missed just having a dual sport. So I decided to convert it back. At the time my battery was going on the fritz and left me stranded twice, so I decided to do the kickstart conversion and 450X battery eliminator mods (used a 5.0 amp TurnTech instead), as well as a few others. (LED blinkers, HID, XR600 Side panel, Tubliss, etc.) This is how she stands now.

003.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

Hello guys, i am new TT member from Finland.

I have -97 xr600r, and usually i ride enduro trails whit it.

Here is some pics from past summer. This path was a little to pro for me and sweating was guaranteed... :p

SDC11475.jpg

SDC11476.jpg

I put some Aprilia wheels on it, but i think 140kmh is not enough on tarmac..

Where i found smaller sprocket (45?) to rear? :thumbsup:

SDC11500.jpg

Hello guys, i am new TT member from Finland.

I have -97 xr600r, and usually i ride enduro trails whit it.

Here is some pics from past summer. This path was a little to pro for me and sweating was guaranteed... :p

SDC11475.jpg

SDC11476.jpg

I put some Aprilia wheels on it, but i think 140kmh is not enough on tarmac..

Where i found smaller sprocket (45?) to rear? :thumbsup:

SDC11500.jpg

The 45 tooth is OEM for the XRL. Should be easy to find (I have a nearly new one hanging in the garage... too bad shipping would cost a fortune getting it to you)

Today's ride. New bashplate and some other goodies put on :thumbsup:

149591_10150090107047095_604282094_7880790_4336168_n.jpg

The terrain ahead was too much, so we turned around and found some other trails :p

149591_10150090107052095_604282094_7880791_7332105_n.jpg

here is my pig she is a 2001 xr650l and is in great shape. it has been desmoged and jetted to match the pipe. low prof taillight and led blinkers

deathwing chen tires fore more road riding in the winter. also(not in the pic) i got a xr400 fender and ordered a fmf powerbomb headerxr650l018-1.jpgmyfirstxr650ladventure007.jpg

i put my pig on a diet. i managed to drop 8 kg off it and still keep it safe and roadworthy.

replacing hd tubes with light duty tubes made a big difference in weight and handling.

og03ys.jpg

love your front fender job. on mine i put a xr400r front fender on it and it looks great and it just bolted on. no modds needed

Spring (2005)

DSC02177.jpg

Summer (2005)

DSC02413.jpg

Last Summer (09):

DSC03581.jpg

For 2010, I Made some changes, moto master, hand guards, signals, exhaust. Still needs a good cleaning though.

XRL-09.jpg

ba120a30.jpg

Motomaster......Mmmmmmmm.

c499bffe.jpg

Dashboard with an old Garmin for the speedo.

4199a968.jpg

Front with the handguards and Buel turn signals.

1b06030c.jpg

This Winters project is HID lights and possibly LED turn signals.

...This Winters project is HID lights and possibly LED turn signals.

Sweet ride!! Are those forks off another bike? I might go USD on mine at some point soon (thinking CRF450 conversion), but Ohlins would be very, very nice.... :p

Sweet ride!! Are those forks off another bike? I might go USD on mine at some point soon (thinking CRF450 conversion), but Ohlins would be very, very nice.... :p

Front end consists of

• Ohlins for an '01 CR250.
  • Talon hubs for an XR650 with 17" black chrome rims, not sure of make, they fit.
  • BrakKing 320mm rotor
  • MotoMaster 4 piston calipher with modified bracket.
  • Avon Distanzia 120/70/17

The front end has saved my butt a few times. Very forgiving.

CR450 front end would be a nice conversion.

Another shot from '05 when it had a gremica calipher on the right. Much cleaner now.

attehimtree.jpg