denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Lay the bike on the side, take the case cover off, press it out so it doesn't hit the clutch basket, then ride. It wasn't spewing oil and did fine for 50 miles home.

JB Quick Weld is a great addition to the toolkit. It'll put enough of a "clot" on the wound to get home without the motor bleeding to death.

JB Quick Weld is a great addition to the toolkit. It'll put enough of a "clot" on the wound to get home without the motor bleeding to death.

I know, I used it last year on my friends DRZ on a four day ride. Forgot to put it in the tool kit this day......got lucky.

Lay the bike on the side, take the case cover off, press it out so it doesn't hit the clutch basket, then ride. It wasn't spewing oil and did fine for 50 miles home.
So you're saying that you bent the cracked clutch cover crack back into position by pressing on it? Pressing on it with what, your fingers? And it didn't leak?

So you're saying that you bent the cracked clutch cover crack back into position by pressing on it? Pressing on it with what, your fingers? And it didn't leak?

It wasn't leaking before taking it off.

I carry a long socket extension. I used that and a rock to tap the case injury flat and close to flush.