denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

How can a showroom looking bike need a top end??

Because of the leaky valve stem seals. The factory ones were hard as a rock and did not seal very well. A simple $11 part makes a nice looking bike smoke like a POS. Since I pulled the head to replace the seals it was a good time to take a look at everything along the way. A simple hone, new JE piston & rings, valve stem seals (Viton) and a head gasket and I should not have to touch it for a LONG time.

xr650lat10000miles002.jpghere she is after 10000miles. just did a 123mile trip today up into the canadian moutains and she runs great xr650lat10000miles004.jpg got a bit of the mod fever thinking about getting some super moto rims. has anybody had problems with the legnth of the kickstand with the smaller smo rims?

xr650lat10000miles002.jpghere she is after 10000miles. just did a 123mile trip today up into the canadian moutains and she runs great xr650lat10000miles004.jpg got a bit of the mod fever thinking about getting some super moto rims. has anybody had problems with the legnth of the kickstand with the smaller smo rims?

By the position of yours i reckon you would, i believe some people can get away with it when talking about the 650R as it has much more of a lean by the looks of it when on the stand compared to yours ?

thanks, i just ordered the tusk kit ?

Cool, I hope it works well for you. Here's a picture of what I did with the kit. I had to modify the taillight fender thing quite a bit to make it work, and ended up putting it on top of the fender instead of under it. That way the light isn't pointed down. I think it turned out pretty good.

DSC00623.jpg

As you can see, my Pig is named Jane. My wife said "I guess the honeymoon is over. I'm stuck in the house and you've got Jane in the garage!"

Edited by dhilkemann
Make an ddition

Cool, I hope it works well for you. Here's a picture of what I did with the kit. I had to modify the taillight fender thing quite a bit to make it work, and ended up putting it on top of the fender instead of under it. That way the light isn't pointed down. I think it turned out pretty good.

DSC00623.jpg

As you can see, my Pig is named Jane. My wife said "I guess the honeymoon is over. I'm stuck in the house and you've got Jane in the garage!"

looks good!

my plan was to put my old crf450 fender on it, but i might have to reconsider and use the xr500 fender