denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

2000 XL. Just bought it. 15,000 miles totally stock except tank & pipe. I have only put fork brace & tail light & removed some stuff. More mods as money permits. first ride yesterday. Completely shocked at how well it does off road: I know the R is way better but not in my price range & this has the button:thumbsup:

DSCN2317.jpg

DSCN2316.jpg

DSCN2314.jpg

DSCN2313.jpg

Thought I had better prove I really ride it?

DSCN2318.jpg

WR Tom: You are my hero. So glad to hear there is someone out there, older than me, and still riding these things. Your pig is clean. I'll have mine on here as soon as I get the time to figure out how. lol Keep the shiney side up old man. lol OGB

Hats off you you guys! I think it's great and I can only hope that I'm still riding 30 years from now.:applause:

Percyco, that's one clean look'n 2001 ?

i'm in the process of farkleing and weight reduction of a recently purchased 2001...will post pics when i get it 90% finnished.

one question on ur turnsignals...those look just like the Buell signals i put on my KLR...are those the Buell turnsignals?

if so was there anything special with the install? ...like using the stock wattage bulb? ...extending the wiring and/or changing the bullet connectors?

TIA,

Kenny

?

one question on ur turnsignals...those look just like the Buell signals i put on my KLR...are those the Buell turnsignals?

if so was there anything special with the install? ...like using the stock wattage bulb? ...extending the wiring and/or changing the bullet connectors?

TIA,

Kenny

?

Ken, Yes they are Buell signals, Blast rear signals front and rear . The rear Blast signals fit the stock XR mounts. I did install the bigger XR bulbs in them to cure the wattage issue and extended the wires using bullet contectors. By the way I own a 03 Buell Lightning and a my girlfriend has a Blast.......great bikes .

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=55155

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=50502

Somebody with a rat dog avatar suggested 'L's were a bit feminine, so I went with that theme by using a splash of Slowzuki yellow.

'95' 650 Pig with RSL T-clamps and brace, Renthal Twinwalls, SRC Guards, High Comp Piston, Stage 1 Cam, Re-valved and Re-sprung Suspension, Guts Seat, WB E2, Works, Kenda, XR600 covers, Batt Relo, Excell Rims, DG plate, Highway pegs, Mikuni Flatslide, IMS and Misc Bling.

221718261.jpg

221719011.jpg