denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Did a few mods to the 6honey.

Since acerbis wants $110 for reinforced hand guards and cycra wants $95 I got $40 msr bare guards and $15 cycra replacement and mounted em up by drilling and tapping a couple m5x.80 holes great fit and WAAAAY cheaper

834AAF59-3705-4F92-BFFB-1D32406DBD30.jpg

01F5A967-E2DF-4CBB-A3F6-BF73EDD32AC3.jpg

Also added a fmf powercore4 the other day and soon to be a powerbomb header. Also threw on a 45t Renthal to make it a bit more highway comfy.

F1C1441A-F1E7-4434-9731-08DB419C3955.jpg

Also I learned since I like my wheelbase shorter for the trails, I usually cut my chains to make it so it's perfectly adjusted at #3 on the snails. By doing this you can swap a smaller sprocket and not have to swap chains! I have a 48t Renthal twinning for trail and single track and this 45t for cruising streets or long rides. That with a 15t front makes it very comfortable at higher speeds.

• Like 3

Ryler, what kind of tires are you running, how have they been holding up on the road and how are they off road? Have the been on the bike long?

I have a Motoz tractionator h/t up front and a maxis desert IT in the rear. I'm not throttle happy at all on the street but they do very well on the twistes heading up to big bear and handle well on the highway too. Dirt they are amazing. The maxis has a very thick carcass so it's very puncture resistant and the Motoz has never slid on me even blasting hard pack with sand on top. Even though the Maxxis is not DOT rated, it's one of the most reliable and predictable knobby I've ever ridden. And they hold up great. The tractionator has given me about 3500 miles so far and still good tread and the desert IT has only about 800 miles on it with lots of slab and it's wearing like iron. I've been using this tire combo for the past year and only changed tires once. Also I am a daily rider as I use my pig for commuting and running around town. Edited by RylerTust

20150530_152113.jpg

Another great time out riding the local trails yesterday.

Ryler ---- thanks for sharing the Cycra guard install pics. I have the same MSR guards and just ordered a white set of cycra replacements! =)

Awesome! Just get your own hardware and a tap and the right drill bit cause the hardware that comes with the hand guards is junky. I only used the washers. I used a M5x.80 tap and an 11/64ths bit I think.

• Like 2

One pic before getting loaded up for a weekend in the Mendocino National Forest! Not much new other than a nice new clean seat off ebay and a new fender bag. Although I've told myself this before, this is the LAST ride before the teardown to do the Crank and new sleeve and 100mm piston. Last Ride I swear. ?

IMG_0508%202_zpsxzep9ffr.jpg

• Like 2