denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Well my '01 XR650L trail bike build is in the final stages of building .... I got the OEM tank stripped/primed and painted at work this week. Also the shorai was waiting for me at home today. She is all done minus some decals, hand guards and a tool bag which are all in the mail! Feels good! smiley1.gif

20150224_183444.jpg

I might make a battery tray with a tie down strap  .... but its snug and secure under the seat and shouldn't/can't go anywhere. The shorai is really nice and cranks the bike really well. I have removed it again since the temps are crazy cold lately, so I'll leave it warm and indoors until it's needed.

20150224_183502.jpg

• Like 1

First post here, I've done most of my mods on my 87 XR600r by researching this forum and have learned a ton of stuff! So I figured it's time I post a few pics and maybe I can help somebody out eventually.

I purchased the beast over 2 years ago for 750 bucks and it was running great. Just needed a bunch of small stuff fixed. Anyway enough of that! Time for pics!

Here's what it looked like when I picked it up...

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1425226700.056506.jpg

First time taking it out to ride...

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1425226818.697845.jpg

And a few up to date photos after dumping lots of time and $$ into her.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1425226892.637636.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1425226919.673135.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1425226957.309596.jpg

Such a fun reliable bike! Can't wait to take it out again.

• Like 2

Went out for a short, local barge with Noah on Saturday, weather and conditions were perfect till we started on our way home, when it started raining on us. got some sweet pics from a nice overlook above Big Basin state park.

20150228_155043_zpsqbvqk0xd.jpg

20150228_155011_zps10zviyxp.jpg

20150228_161359_zpszxudwjjk.jpg

Edited by Vintage SM
  • Like 4

Here's my '93 pig that I picked up a month ago. It had been in the previous owner's storage unit for almost 10 years. Fortunately no gas was in the tank or carb. I've done surprisingly little to the bike other that change fluids/filters, battery, front fender, and turn signals. Most of the rest was purely cosmetic with cleaning and paint. All seals appear to still be good as there is no leaks. I took it out for it's first road test just a couple days ago and everything looks good! Enjoy the before and after pics.

001_zpsbjcuktma.jpg

001_zpsugi3g3oj.jpg

Edited by JMwr400
  • Like 4

Slip, if you're talking about the pics above, I used whatever version of Krylon Fusion that Lowe's has. Plus a couple coats of clear.Then a couple coats of wax. The exhaust is just a high temperature barbeque grill paint.

Edited by JMwr400

Well I got some bad news sent my frame to be powder coated and now I need to get another vin sticker made up.Now I'm asking for your help I need 3 pictures of a vin one straight ahead and 2 on either sides it must close up also dimensions LxWxh.

Reasons why I need this

1.I didn't register the bike before the powder coat therefore isn't valid in Canada to be registered without proper vin sticker.

2.I wanna drive the bike again.

3.honda will not make another one for me.

4.the company that makes it needs the information for accuracy.

If not wanting to post info please send too my email.

Chris.bezanson@petrospeceng.com

Yes the vin is stamped on the steering column. The vin tag must be intact to pass inspection.

I've checked everything I could before coming here to ask for this information.

In canada when moving provinces to register a vehicle it must undergo "out of province" inspection.

One of the first things they check according to inspection form is that the vin sticker is intact and not damaged.