denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

my 06 red pig ..

XRS ONLY FULL EXHAUST

XRS ONLY BILLET CHAIN GUARD AND DIPSTICK TEMP GAUGE

XRS ONLY FOOT PEGS

PRO TAPER BARS AND GRIPS

UNI FILTER

ACERBIS FRONT FENDER

RENTHAL CHAIN

SUPER SPROX REAR SPROCKET

MOOSE RACING 14T FRONT SPROCKET FOR XR650R

CLARK 4.7 GAS TANK

BILLET GAS CAP AND FRONT BRAKE RESERVOIR

BILLET CARGO RACK

100000883145167_1073741923.jpg

100000883145167_1073741941.jpg

Edited by hooterific
  • Like 2

Hi all, First time on the forum here. Not sure where to post this, but here goes: I'm putting an XR650R motor in an FZR400 chassis.

Start a new thread.  Title it "XR650R motor in an FZR400 chassis".

I think you'll find quite a few of us interested in how it turns out.  I'll be curious how much it weighs.  Also, how well it works on the street.

My Question is Why? 50+ hp would be tame would it not

I'm looking to make this bike competitive within the classes I plan to race it  since it will be racetrack-only. The eventual goal will be 60+ hp. Even then, that's not much, but my goal for this bike is to get it below 250lbs total weight and the handling is what I expect will be the thing that will contribute the most to a good lap time. However, the motor itself should be very good coming off the corners and very controllable as far as playing with wheelspin. All good things as far as racing.

I expect it will be fairly mild initially as far as power output goes. The internals are stock but the carb is a 45mm flat slide and the current exhaust system is only enough to get the gases directed somewhat rearward. Before I start going for big numbers I want to do shakedown runs to sort out all the (hopefully) minor chassis problems that crop up in a custom build. Then I'll make sure I put a nice Carrillo rod in and have the crank trued and welded before I whack it with the horsepower stick.

I expect it will be fairly mild initially as far as power output goes. The internals are stock but the carb is a 45mm flat slide and the current exhaust system is only enough to get the gases directed somewhat rearward. Before I start going for big numbers I want to do shakedown runs to sort out all the (hopefully) minor chassis problems that crop up in a custom build. Then I'll make sure I put a nice Carrillo rod in and have the crank trued and welded before I whack it with the horsepower stick.

You really need to start a separate thread for this.  I want to follow what you're doing, but not mixed in with hundreds of other posts.  It sounds like a pretty cool bike.

Just picked this up last week. All the mods done. right side peg welded on etc...tunes the suspension this weekend and raised the bars. 3rd gear wheelies in the So. Cal wet dirt. Nice!

20140302_152331.jpg

20140302_151734.jpg

• Like 1

Just picked this '07 XRL up at the end of January:

HPIM9208.jpg

It came significantly pre-farkled. 4.0gallon tank, skid plate, luggage rack, Oil Temp Dipstick, FMF Q4 exhaust with Uni FIlter and Dynojet carb kit. 

Since I've had it, I've raised it back to stock height, fabbed up some bar risers, Plastidipped the side plates black and put a grand total of 12 miles on her. This IA winter is showing no signs of letting up! 

Edited by gravityisnotmyfriend
  • Like 2