denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Just got my pig a couple days ago. Its going to be tough looking at it over the winter and not putting it to use! Craigslist buy, 2004 Model, 8k Miles, No Mods, $2,500!

2mw5cw8.jpg

2rmoyoo.jpg

What tires are they? And what size width? They look like 50/50 street/dirt....or more street than dirt. I want to try them.

Here's mine. I bought a leftover 2012 XR650L. Put 2800 miles on here since late August, I never knew how much fun these things could be. I've uncorked it, done the "Daves Mods" to the Carb, and added an FMF Q4 silencer. I also de-smogged it, Raised the handlebars and put knew rubber on her. Also, a new Clarke tank, skid plate and a Fork brace.

Here's some Pics:

null_zpsc8ae676f.jpg

null_zps667647cc.jpg

null_zpsdf23f96f.jpg

Edited by RickB1975
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where is that last picture at?

I would like to ride there sometime.

Where is that last picture at?

I would like to ride there sometime.

Thats also Hollister Hills SVRA park. About 1 hr south east from my home of Santa Cruz. Half the park is sandy with mostly manzanita brush and the lower half is dark rich clay with grassy oak land. It has a great variety of terrain and you would definitely have plenty to ride here with a full weekend of riding. If you like tight and tecnical look into the renz property in the park, its a section of property with all tight and woodsy trails, its a blast. ?

I know where Hollister is, I've just never been there.  Seen lots of photos of the grassy sections.

If you like tight and tecnical look into the renz property in the park, its a section of property with all tight and woodsy trails, its a blast. ?

I'll just go to Georgetown or Foresthill for that.  They're both quite a bit closer to me.

My 93 XR6 this past saturday. A buddy and I took advantage of some wet sand and carved out a little berm and had some fun. Hollister Hills California... Dragging handlebar on the PIG! ?

I used to ride at Hollister Hills back in the 80's when I was stationed at the Presidio. Does it still have the nasty sewer-smelling mud bog? A trip through it would always make the post ride bike wash an adventure. ?

May have to go check this place out for a week this winter. Looks good. Worth it? Would be 8 to 10 hours to drag camper down.

The best time to go is Monday-Thursday, maybe Friday...depends if the kids are in school...otherwise the playyard will be full of 4 wheels. I've always gone during the weekdays and I haven't had to worry about some kid running out in front of me. If you decide to come down I would love to ride with you...let me know.

• Like 1