HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,723 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,221 posts in this topic

Hey guy's

Let see your PIG's, I dont have much mods other than uncorked and street kit.

But I have a long wish list.

This pic is last weekend out on a ride near Midle River in New Brunswick.

a>

Denro

4 people like this

Hey Biglung where did you get that web net for your rear fender?

I got it at Chaparrel. Most shops have them and really cheap $5-6. It's a life saver when I pull the sleeves off my jacket on the trail.

1 person likes this

Keith, that tank makes your bike the biggest BRP known to mankind!

2 people like this

I know!!!!...great benefit when on road.....went out yesterday for a 4 hour road ride through the mountains,did 301kms and still haven`t gone onto reserve!!...still testing for mileage....actually works quite well when coming down the mountains off road through the forests ...you have something to squeeze with your knees to stop you sliding forward too much!!!....also very reassuring when deep into the mountains for range....don`t know how I did without it before :)

4 people like this

KeithBoyd

I know the bars is top on my wish list just above a larger thank and chest protector :))

As per what I see on other treads CR High bend is the choice.

By the way there are some nice looking machines in here.

Denro

here you go.........................

gps4.jpg

m.jpg

l.jpg

xr650r.jpg

jake13.jpg

fa282811.jpg

fa282807.jpg

faa0eeb4.jpg

P6191529.jpg

f9fa91f0.jpg

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By crypto666
      Are you running an HRC copy cam from XRsOnly/Four Strokes unlimited?  You better fix it now before it is too late.

See this: https://www.thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1218565-xrsonly4-strokes-unlimited-does-not-want-to-be-in-business-anymore/
    • By Colloquialoatmeal
      Not very happy. Countershaft splines are TOAST. 94 XR650L with 14k miles. Don't know how I didn't catch this with last sprocket change but these things are done for. Engine is in otherwise really good condition so I'm hesitant to tear down engine to put new countershaft in. Was planning on eventually doing the kick start conversion, so I was going to get an XR600R countershaft, but I'd really like to do a full overhaul (new piston, rings, bore over, etc) when I have the engine on the bench. So here's my question:
      If I take this to a competent welder, how many miles could I expect out of a tack welded on sprocket? Would JB weld/threadlocker red work any better? Can anyone tell me why my splines wore all the way down to a sharp point at only one end? 
      XRR sprocket is on it now, hoping that'll hold up for at least a thousand or two more miles. Not trying to take the easy way out necessarily; this is my daily driver at the moment and I also have a few long distance trips planned. 

• By cyclosapien
      I recently acquired one of those fat shop binders for this model series. It's been somewhat difficult for me to track down much info about this bike over the two years I've owned it, but this will help me a lot in restoring my basket case. Hope it helps you. 
      The links below will download .pdfs directly from my cloud storage.
      XL500S XL500R 79-82 (62.6MB) (link)
      XR500A 81-82 (40MB) (link)
      XL500R 83-84 (45.5MB) (link)

P.S. Probably the best upgrade you can perform is a front end swap for a CR500 of the same era (try 85?), which has the same size tapered needle bearings. It's literally plug-and-play for a front disc and beefier forks.

• By Gino Pi
      my 650 is not working, and, i want to make it bulletproof as possible.  after doing a bunch of searching, i found that the probably (please correct me if im wrong) best fix for the xr650l ignition issues, is to replace the CDI with a megajolt.       from what i understand, you have to swap the pulse generator pickup with another wheel , one from another model and year.  from there, you have to run a line from the intake, so the megajolt knows the bike is running, from the vacuum.   otherwise splice this megajolt in, and add a coil spark plug cap, and then your 650 ignition should keep working as it should.

however!!  what are the specifics??  i cant seem to find a step by step, anywhere!   i want to make this happen, for my own bike!  has anyone posted a step by step for this??  or does anyone have other ideas?  PLEASE POST!  i dont want my ignition to fail, i want to tour on this bike!  

thanks, from all of us BRP riders!

• By dalto21
      I'm currently considering a 2000 DRZ 400 with 31,000 miles on it. The owner wants $2500 for it but I think I could get it down to $2000 since it's so old. It seems like the owner knew what he was doing and took care of it well since he knew to install a manual cam chain tensioner,  a radiator guard , 3x3 mod, etc. I know the DRZ has a solid motor so I feel like if the bike itself has been well taken care of, it should at least have another 20K miles in it, right? Am I wasting my time with this bike or do you think it will last me if I take good care of it? What would you offer for this bike?
      Here's the post: https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/5989999685.html