Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,762 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,283 posts in this topic

Hey guy's

Let see your PIG's, I dont have much mods other than uncorked and street kit.

But I have a long wish list.

This pic is last weekend out on a ride near Midle River in New Brunswick.

a>

Denro

4 people like this

I got it at Chaparrel. Most shops have them and really cheap $5-6. It's a life saver when I pull the sleeves off my jacket on the trail.

1 person likes this

Keith, that tank makes your bike the biggest BRP known to mankind!

2 people like this

I know!!!!...great benefit when on road.....went out yesterday for a 4 hour road ride through the mountains,did 301kms and still haven`t gone onto reserve!!...still testing for mileage....actually works quite well when coming down the mountains off road through the forests ...you have something to squeeze with your knees to stop you sliding forward too much!!!....also very reassuring when deep into the mountains for range....don`t know how I did without it before :)

4 people like this

KeithBoyd

I know the bars is top on my wish list just above a larger thank and chest protector :))

As per what I see on other treads CR High bend is the choice.

By the way there are some nice looking machines in here.

Denro

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By bldmtnrider
      Well cared for 2001 XR650R for sale.  I am the original owner and bought it new in Feb 2002.  Don't know exactly how many miles are as they didn't come with odometers but I would estimate 5-7K.
      Lots of upgrades including Clark 4.3g tank, Cycra Handguards, Magura oversize bars, excel rims front and back, skid plate, radiator guards and a scotts damper sub mount (mount only), rear disk guard and oversize springs.  I still have the original parts I took off so going back to stock spring rate/gas tank/skidplate/... wouldn't be a problem.
      The bike is 100% ready to ride - chain and sprockets are in good shape, wheel, shock and swingarm bearing are all tight.  Doesn't smoke or leak fluids
    • By dlee
      Will the front Maier disc/fork guards for an XR600 work on the 2006 XR650L?
    • By Black Mesa Offroad
      Suspension setup for a 240-250 lb rider. Extra tall Guts seat foam and gripper seat cover. Garage kept, tires are in good condition. Honda power up kit adds about 10 more horsepower. The bike is not street legal in California. 

$3000 or best offer
    • By ToddFather
      Sorry all.  I'm sure there is plenty of info on the forum regarding this topic already, but I am apparently challenged when it comes to searching.  I do not know much about jetting but have been researching and readying about the "Dave's Mods" and am confident i  can handle that and plan to do it to the bike shortly after i get it (couple weeks away).  The bike is completely stock presently with very low miles (just over 100).  Question is this:  I don't plan any internal engine mods but I do plan to de-smog right away.  When $$ permits I plan to do the following all at once:  Uni filter and remove snorkle; FMF Q4 (possibly with the stock headpipe or power bomb); Dave's mods to carb.  Like i said I do not know much about jetting but I did have installed a dynojet kit in my Brute Force when i put on the new muffler and filer.  I see they have a Stage I and Stage II available that would appear to fit the bill in my case.   Which one should i go with?  I am looking more for proper jetting with the increased air flow and to correct the lien issue than I am for shear power.  Also, would I be better off just ordering the specific jets as i have seen elswhere on the forum from jetsrus or whatever the site is?  I will ride primarily Indiana, Wisconsin and Michigan so no crazy elevations to consider.   Thanks in advance for helping out an old guy new to the forum!
    • By Brillot2000
      Hello All,
      I recently started a project where I purchased a 1987 Honda XL600R basket case.  The engine required too much to repair it, so I purchased a 1987 XR600R solely for the engine.  I have already mounted the XR engine into the XL frame, see the images below.
      This is not my first rodeo, plus I have an Electro-mechanical Engineering background.  I am seeking advice from experienced persons that have done this engine swap in the past and what needs to be done that i might have overlooked.
      The engine is currently mounted, has spark and clean carbs installed.  Need an o-ring that I ordered to button up the oil lines.  Then I can fill with oil and gas to lit up the XR engine, which is basically stock at this point.
      Here's what I got and I think needs to be done:
      XR Motor with the XR Carbs Will be using stock XL airbox. Will be using stock XL exhaust system. Swap XR Stator with XL Stator.  Will I need to swap the rotors too? Will need a new rear sprocket and chain.  Any recommendations on the number of teeth I should use on the rear with this motor? Will be needing a set of new tires too.  Any recommendations on tires for street, trail, and dirt riding? Any advice will be helpful and appreciated to help save me some time and this old girl back on the road sooner.