HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwstaba

Slipper Clutch for 2002 YZ 426

4 posts in this topic

I built a YZ 426 for a supermoto bike and I am ready to move to the next level with a slipper clutch. I am having trouble finding one that will fit. The FMF CEB Slipper Clutch only has a listing for the YZ 450. Will it work on my YZ 426? If not are there any other companies making them? Thanks

do a search for "Rekluse Slipper clutch" They are out of Idaho. Yes, that spelling is right... or close to it. It is not spelt normal... cheers

I built a YZ 426 for a supermoto bike and I am ready to move to the next level with a slipper clutch. I am having trouble finding one that will fit. The FMF CEB Slipper Clutch only has a listing for the YZ 450. Will it work on my YZ 426? If not are there any other companies making them? Thanks

The FMF / STM slipper clutch for the YZF450 will not fit the 426, the clutch basket is different. It may be possible to use an aftermarket 450 clutch basket like a Hinson and bolt the 426 primary gear to it, you would also need the 450 clutch plates and actuating arm.But don't worry about that, I have just found a Swiss company that lists a slipper clutch for the 01 & 02 426. They do not have a US importer so you'll have to order from them directly. I have just ordered one so I can't comment on how well it works yet. It is similar to the STM system where "torque limiter springs" of different weights are used for tuning. It comes with three different springs and seems easier to change than the STM due to the use of circlips. Cost is less than the YZ450 STM ($899), the Suter Racing unit costs $750 plus shipping. These guys have a strong background in road racing and seem to have the typical Swiss attention to detail. Check out their website at

http://www.suterracing.com/forge/shop.cgi?cmd=browse&shop=3&forge_menu=170&category=55

I'm really stoked about finding these guys as a slipper is crucial for supermoto, and I've just spent a bunch of money on my 426 motor. I'm not sure how long it will take them to ship the clutch, the web site said 4-5 days delivery. I'll post more info once I get it.