Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JUSTNEIL

Blinkers

8 posts in this topic

I would like to add front and rear blinkers to my 2004 wr 450. Do I have to get the entire trick or baja kit, or can I just add blinkers.

Get the lights and a flasher and wire them up. You will also need the switch to turn them on and off.

USA bikes are not street legal like our Australian cousins. No hi/low beam, no horn, no stop light and no blinkers. Headlight & Tail lights only. If we want the street legal we must buy a kit to do it. That runs about $450.00 American dollars. :)

Jim

Jim, just curious. Does the US spec' WR come with the connectors already in the wiring loom for the turn sig's, horn etc? Is it simply a matter of bolting them up, and plugging a few connectors in?

Jim, just curious. Does the US spec' WR come with the connectors already in the wiring loom for the turn sig's, horn etc? Is it simply a matter of bolting them up, and plugging a few connectors in?

Not here in Canada but they do come with a dual element socket in the tail light.

I don't know why we don't get the Aussie version here. You buy a new WR here and all you have to do is bring your bill down to the DMV and street register it,

no safety .

USA bikes are not street legal like our Australian cousins. No hi/low beam, no horn, no stop light and no blinkers. Headlight & Tail lights only. If we want the street legal we must buy a kit to do it. That runs about $450.00 American dollars. :)

Jim

Or, you buy the K&S switch, some cheap low profile t/sigs and flasher and do it yourself for less then $100......

Chris from Oz,

No, the are no plugs for blinkers in the harness. Just the 3 wire plug for the tail light/stop light but no stop light switch or wiring. We have to buy or build kits to make them street legal. (www.trickdualsport.com) :)

Jim