Any XRs in VA?

I was just wondering, never seen another XR from Virginia (Beach) here or live on the street. The only thing I see here running around every once a while is a DRZ, probably the same guy I keep seeing :)

Det

I'm just south of Richmond, in Chester. Have a dual sport converted 650R. I don't ride much on the street on the XR, I mostly connect trails, powerlines, etc on it. Have a Suzuki DL-650 (vstrom) for street and dirt roads.

Give me a heads up if you want to ride sometime. We haul 'em up to the mountains about once a month and ride fire roads and some singletrack.

dan.

Hey Dan,

sure, I would love to... we can plan that some day :):D

What area are you usually going to??

Det

PS: thats why I don't see XRs here if they get hauled to the mountains :)

Ok let me count,

Virginia has a total of 2 XR650s

1x XRR in Chester

1x XRL in VA Beach

cool,

Dan we are here exotic with our bikes ... the West coast must be crowded with XRs.. :)

My brother has a DS'ed XR400R right down the street from me. And a guy named Steve up in Winchester has my former 92 XR600R. There was a guy going by the handle of JLPSKYDIVE in No. Va w/ an XRL, and a guy named stonewall out around Harrisonburg w/ a 650R.

so 6.. still pretty exotic. :)

Most of the guys I ride w/ ride Suzi DRZ's. and for good reason.

What is it with those DR/Zs? My two buddies both have a Suzi, one DR350 DS and one currently DRZ400E - not street leagal yet. Well he is working on it...

Anyway, both in VA Beach!! Its becoming the prime DS location here :)

Hey Dan,

you ever go down to Slade's Park in Surry?? We are probably heading there this weekend... its about 6 miles of trails, sand and around the fields.

Det

Hello???

Come on guys - there should be more than 2 active TT members with XR650s (L or R) in Virginia????

Det

I live in Virginia Beach and have a XL600R. Does that come close enough for you?

John

My brother has a DS'ed XR400R right down the street from me. And a guy named Steve up in Winchester has my former 92 XR600R. There was a guy going by the handle of JLPSKYDIVE in No. Va w/ an XRL, and a guy named stonewall out around Harrisonburg w/ a 650R.

so 6.. still pretty exotic. :)

Most of the guys I ride w/ ride Suzi DRZ's. and for good reason.

It's 5, I moved back to NC THANK GOD!!! Nothing against VA, but DC sucks!

We go ride in Stuart fairly often. My freind has a cabin up there. Lots of trails and really cool people in the town. :D

I live in Virginia Beach and have a XL600R. Does that come close enough for you?

John

Sure that counts :):D and welcome to TT

Is yours dualsported?? If not, next question: where do you ride it??? :) I'm always looking for new places if there are any around here...

Det

ok, I update that list - counting everything we get to 6 here in VA:

Virginia Beach

===============

XR650L - XR-Det

XL600R - Jmistichelli

Chesterfield

===============

XR650R (DS) - thumpasaurus

XR400R (DS) - thumpasaurus brother

Winchester

===============

XR600R - Steve

Harrisonburg

===============

XR650R - stonewall

It's 5, I moved back to NC THANK GOD!!! Nothing against VA, but DC sucks!

We go ride in Stuart fairly often. My freind has a cabin up there. Lots of trails and really cool people in the town. :)

Trader!!! LOL :D:)

Trader!!! LOL :D:)

Nope just back home!!!! :):D

You can mark Stonewall off your list. I sold the BRP around the first of the year and went to the blue side. Oh yeah, what's all this talk about nowhere to ride in VA? I have put in over 400 miles from right out of my yard in the last week or so. :) The riding is awesome here. Here are just a few pics of some places I've been in the last 10 days. :D

PTJST-5143.jpg

LIIYS-5141.jpg

falls7.jpg

falls6.jpg

falls5.jpg

falls3.jpg

You can mark Stonewall off your list. I sold the BRP around the first of the year and went to the blue side. Oh yeah, what's all this talk about nowhere to ride in VA? I have put in over 400 miles from right out of my yard in the last week or so. :) The riding is awesome here. Here are just a few pics of some places I've been in the last 10 days. :)

Oh no, another one :D hahaha

Sweet pics, where is that?? I asume somewhere north/west in VA???

Hey Stonewall, where the female eye candy with the blue thumper? You always had eye candy with Honda, so how about some with the Yamaha :)

No worries about going blue. I too have big blue thumpers in our garage right next to our red ones :D

ugh! just broke my right wrist for the 4th time last night and it doesn't feel so good right now while typing :)

Hey Stonewall, where the female eye candy with the blue thumper? You always had eye candy with Honda, so how about some with the Yamaha :D

No worries about going blue. I too have big blue thumpers in our garage right next to our red ones :)

ugh! just broke my right wrist for the 4th time last night and it doesn't feel so good right now while typing :)

Qadsan, you shouldn't do that - I bet that hurts and gets old after 4 times :D ... and yes nothing better than having the choice.. hehehe I've got red, yellow and blue in the garage right now. Here are three of my 5 that are sitting here :worthy: . The XRL had to stay home again last sunday.

P1010001.jpg

I update that list again - counting everything we don't get any better! Only 5 left here in VA:

Virginia Beach

===============

XR650L - XR-Det

XL600R - Jmistichelli

Chesterfield

===============

XR650R (DS) - thumpasaurus

XR400R (DS) - thumpasaurus brother

Winchester

===============

XR600R - Steve

qadsan,

I don't have any eye candy pics yet with the Yami. I'm working on it though.

Sorry to hear about the wrist. I've been trying to heal up two dislocated shoulders and a cracked collarbone myself. Getting old is hell. :)

Here's a pic from the archives. :)

fuelstop.jpg

Sweet pics, where is that?? I asume somewhere north/west in VA???

I'm in the Allegheny Highlands near the border of WV. There are hundreds of miles of riding available right out of my yard. :D