HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
das_sey

Fuel Screw

4 posts in this topic

I have an 03 WR450. I bought the Jd jetting kits awhile back and it has worked flawlessly. Recently the on throttle bog has returned. I have added anything to the bike to affect this. I have tried making adjustments to the fuel screw with no results. My question: Is there something else that could cause this. On a similar note: I bought the Zipty fuel screw, but when I installed it, I found that is vibrates loose which is not a good thing, I have since put the original one back in, at least it stays in. Has anyone else had this happen and is there a way to fix this.

Thanks for you help,

Return the Zip-TY for a new screw. Some batches the threads were cut to deep and they vibrate out. Bog has returned? Make sure you have a 48 pilot, #40 leak jet and JD red needle in clip 5 with a 165 main as a benchmark to evaluate your jetting needs. :)

Make sure your zip ty screw has the spring,washer and oring on it.. I've never heard of them coming loose.

I am not too worried about the Zipty issue as I have the original screw back in. My question is that after I got the JD kit and installed it, everything was great. Just recently the bogg has returned. Was not sure if carb needs a good cleaning or if something else could be the cause. Adjusting the fuel screw does not seem to be doing it. I agree I should return the Zipty as I have heard there was a batch that did this. Not good when your fuel screw is backing out as you are riding.

Thanks