HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fastenuf4u

A question for Magura Hydro clutch users

1 post in this topic

My clutch went out on me this weekend while riding, it had been showing warning signs for a few weeks prior but I don't think I noticed them since I was just putting around in the backyard and what not. I installed a Magura Jack unit last March and hadn't ridden more than 2-3 times with it so I am not sure if I didn't adjust it right and it hasn't been disengaging fully or if my clutch was just at the end of it's life (lasted almost 3 years! :) ) My question is on mine, I can't pull the slave cylinder back away about 5-6mm like they mention in the directions. It is as far out as it can go, should I file down the metal piece that the slave cylinder rests against so it will have some free play? The clutch has worked perfectly since day one, which is why I wasn't worried about the lack of free play before. Thanks for any info anyone has on this.

Now I just have to figure out how to replace my clutch, first time ever.... :D