HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crabtree426

Why is it ticking?

5 posts in this topic

Just installed the hot cam auto decompression exhaust cam for my 2000 YZF426. I measured the valve clearances and they were good. I put the bike together and it fired right up but I can't help but notice the ticking. The cam chain seems fine. I haven't romped on it yet. It idles and runs ok but I only took it for one lap around the house. I'm calling hot cams tomorrow for info but what do you think?

I did the same mod and only realised what the cause was after some double checking…

I forgot to tighten the engine mountings that secure the barrel to the frame. Re-check that all your torque settings

are correct.

Also are your valve clearances correct?

it's just like a bomb, tick tick tick BANG! :)

sorry couldnt resist it :D

valve clearances were good, everything is tightened down, I think it may be the chain but I'm going to check tonight