thanks to all on this site

Want to thank this site for all the information I could find when researching buying a bike. I have only rode street bikes about 15 years ago and didn't know anything about dirt bikes. I hope that the 400 isn't too much for me being in my mid 30's and just starting to ride a dirt bike. It sure looks awesome (my wife isn't quite as impressed though) After 1 1/2 hours to start that beast (-15 C.) I rode it for five minutes and now it's in the basement. Any advice for the "apprentice?" Thanks guys and thanks for this great site!

Dave,

Welcome, you are not alone at your age and riding experience on this board. We also have some very experienced people here, so the depth of knowledge riding and tuning runs the gamit.

Advice, take it slow and learn in small steps and most of all enjoy. If you have any questions, please use the search function first, especially considering your bike is a 400. There has been a lot of discussion on that model. Like I indicated, there is a wealth of info here and most questions can be answwered very easily, just make sure you provide complete information about the problem or symptoms.

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.