01 WR426 forks same as YZ426?

Normally I get my forks done by suspension dude but the head rebuild has emptied the piggy bank so I'm doing it myself this time.

I have the 01 YZ426 workshop manual. Are the specs the same for the WR and YZ forks? What weight oil are you guys using? Roughly how much oil do I need per fork leg? The manual specifies height, not volume.

Thanks guys.

As far as I know, apart from the fork spring rate, YZ426 and WR426 forks are the same. I used 10w oil. I agree it is annoying how the manual specifies oil height, not cc's of oil, but if you just measure as directed in the manual, you should be right. :)

Chris, the reason I was asking is to determine how many 500ml bottles I need to buy to do the job.

thanks

Chris, the reason I was asking is to determine how many 500ml bottles I need to buy to do the job.

thanks

If your forks are bone dry, you'll need 3 500ml bottles from memory. I seem to recall needing just a tad over a litre (100-200ml's) for mine. It's been a while since I did it, but i'm certain that's right. I really need a workshop diary.....