Fluidyne Rad ? re:size

i know that the fluidynes mount up no mods but will my devol rad guard braces still fit em?

the outside columns on both sides are smashed in pretty good from pre guard days :) and i want to replace em eventually.

Are the fluidynes even worth the $$$ 350$ :):D

Thanks

Mike

i know that the fluidynes mount up no mods but will my devol rad guard braces still fit em?

the outside columns on both sides are smashed in pretty good from pre guard days :) and i want to replace em eventually.

Are the fluidynes even worth the $$$ 350$ :D:)

Thanks

Mike

Is that price for both rads? If it is that's not bad, I priced out the left side radiator for my RMZ 450 from my local suzuki dealer, $360 for 1 side for a little aluminum radiator, I can by 2 car rads for that!! Ah yes theres nothing like gouging the public!!!!

Bruce- thankks for the info and pics, but it worries me that you are making your own gaurds for em as i just spent the $$$ for devols and it would stink to have em not fit...wonder if a little garage fab will make em work cus i think they are great guards.

If they wont work then i may have ta steal you specs when they are finished cuz i'll probly have thrashed the guards by then anyways...

Mike

and wha tis two pound to a pig...

I came up with a much better guard for them. The front bottom post goes from side to side. I think the Devols will fit in the front but, I don't know if it will reach to the back bolt :)

yeah thats kind a my worry cuz i NEED the guards!!

I t sure sucks having to fabricate.

My devols go across the front and sit on the frame keeping the rad from getting squeezed there, sorry i cant quite picture what you area decribing...

Mike

okay saw the pics and understand..

what are those braces on the back that you have?

they look to provide some support yeah?

They are what is left of the works conection brace's that are major junk :) I hate them. :worthy:

I'll have to update the pictures of the brace' I have dreamed up now. :) They have with-stood two major 70mph get offs :worthy:

One of the crashes hit dead on the radiator, screwing up the radiator scoop but, didn't even effect the radiator :D From the side under the scoop is a triangle made of angled aluminuim mounted off aluminuim posts mounted to the top and back frame mounts and an aluminuim post that goes from the bottom fron to the bottom front radiator scoop mounts.

Devols are cool and I think you can make them work, I wanted something even stronger, for the side hits when when I drop the bike. As long as I am moving all is good but, if I stop it is major ;) I just fall over :crazy::D:D:worthy::D:D

I was and am really impressed with the devols, i, er, drop my bike sometimes too but ussually while i am moving or have come to a real quik stop....

i might try to add something like that to my devols, if i ever get a camera i'll post what i do

Mike