HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ncmountainman

value of new aoss forks??

6 posts in this topic

after asking here and applied racing ;getting the same response, that i can change out the whole front clip to my 03 forks(steering stem is the same) i think thats what i'm gonna do. now your all saying why in the heck would i want to do that? after some intense research and alot of conversating with my suspension tuner@ get real racing. we both agree that my 03 kayaba works forks are gonna be far better than what anyone can do with the 05's (for offroad anyhow) they don't even make a spring over .48 for one thing(according to factory connection ) i have .52's in the 46mm and need every bit of that. so what's a set of brand new(less than 5 mi) 05 yz450f aoss forks worth? i'm guessing they might be of interest to the 04 yz's and even 05 wr's for that matter as they will slip right into the same triple clamps as the older 48's. if they aren't worth much alone i'll put them on the 04 wr i'm selling. :)

Sorry to be dumb here....but what's AOSS?

Thanks!

I believe "Air Oil Separate System" separate or twin cartridge forks similar to Showas

NC what do you mean 03 Works KYB ? Are these special coated, special valving directly from KYB - or exactly Tim Ferry Special forks or what?

Enzo did mine (they are the KYB masters)- I am extremely happy with their KYB specific valving and sub tanks - springs, special coatings, bumper stops etc.... Best suspension I have ever riddin with. :)

Enzo recommends subtanks on 05 AOSS forks also - interestingly ........ I would have thought differently :)

You as a woods rider - have either choice neither being a bad decision - I would keep the AOSS forks as that is a key progression in the YZF development - I have heard AOSS in the 05 is very very similar to Yamaha Factory KYB forks from 2003/2004 that #22, #15 and #12 have been using.. :D

I believe "Air Oil Separate System" separate or twin cartridge forks similar to Showas

NC what do you mean 03 Works KYB ? Are these special coated, special valving directly from KYB - or exactly Tim Ferry Special forks or what?

Enzo did mine (they are the KYB masters)- I am extremely happy with their KYB specific valving and sub tanks - springs, special coatings, bumper stops etc.... Best suspension I have ever riddin with. :D

Enzo recommends subtanks on 05 AOSS forks also - interestingly ........ I would have thought differently :D

You as a woods rider - have either choice neither being a bad decision - I would keep the AOSS forks as that is a key progression in the YZF development - I have heard AOSS in the 05 is very very similar to Yamaha Factory KYB forks from 2003/2004 that #22, #15 and #12 have been using.. :)

they are what the factory support riders used in 03,they were a spare set from his shop that was never used,i have the matching shock also. after riding the new stuff i have no doubt that it cannot be made to handle the way my old stuff does. i've got the tootech subtanks also and don't see how they would be AS advantageous on the aoss? my tuner who has worked with the new stuff and is having trouble keeping people happy. he is familiar with my old stuff and reccomended keaping the old works stuff,it does fit(the steering stem is the same 03-05 wr/yz fyi) as i put it on a few minutes ago no hitch. :) guess i'll have to drop the price on the wr now!