anti-fog goggles

There are some very good anti-fog chemicals available that work great. I picked up a little bottle of anti-fog liquid at a home products show a few years ago that works perfectly. It's in my fridge at home so I can't give you name of it, but you can order something similar from Bob's Cycle supply. www.bobscycle.com

MCarp, your best bet is to go with a pair of goggles that have two lenses, just like the ones used for skiing. The dead air space in between the lenses creates a barrier between the warm air next to your face and the cold air on the outside, which helps eliminate fogging. I keep an old pair of ski goggles on hand just for the colder weather. The only thing better than this is one of the spendy models that have a little fan inside to circulate the air inside the goggles.

I concur with what Tim in WA said, but Ill go one step further and tell you that you can go to your cycle shop and get a "double-payne lens" for your goggles. I have the same model as you mcarp. I tried this new lens out a couple weeks ago and absolutley no fogging!!! They are a tad more expensive than the regular lenses but well woth it. No more having to take your goggles off and risk poking your eyes out.

I hope it works for you. Let me know.

P.S. The fan/turbo models they are talking about seem like a good idea but they are very expensive and the fan and the batteries make them heavy.

------------------

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

Since the Scott replacement lens are interchangeable between the modle 89 and 87, I was wondering if these double paned lens are made by Scott? I don't rememeber ever seeing them in my local shop or at the many internet parts shops such as Bob's.

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 11-18-2000).]

milkman, thanks for the link on the gore-tex socks. I'm ordering them now, $40 is a small price to pay for warm, dry feet, and you're not worried about getting holes in breadbags, which happened to me both bags yesterday ?

Milkman-

The grip heaters are awesome! Installation isn't hard, this is the 3rd bike I have installed them on. Thanks for the link on the socks, I ordered them last night.

I'll post a new topic for them so all can see the skivvy..

No problem on the link, happy to do it. I had some trouble locating the socks on the bass-pro website. I live in Springfield, MO home of bass-pro shops so I had a plethra of gortex socks to choose from.

Where do you tap into your wiring for the juice to the grip heaters?

------------------

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

Yeah, I made a post about the heater grips, lost it all. Milkman, you hook the lead of the heaters on the Yellow wire going into the light switch. I grounded to the left side upper oil gallery bolt. The type I used were Kimpex (or enduro engineering, same thing, the thin strips that fit under your existing grips. They do work!