XR650L- Best Bike in the world-

Ok, I have had it! :D

Here is the u"L"timate "L"arge pig doing a Trip"L"e jump :)

You won't believe this video of a black pig doing a triple jump. I am sure it's an "L"

Pig doing a Triple jump, Click Here: :D

I think Jayzonk wishes he could get out of second gear and try that! :):worthy:

The day I jump my beloved L will be the day that pig decides to fly off into the sunset.

Just enlarged the avatar so you could see a little more of the Starbucks logo on the cup.... :)

Just wondering BWB, with all that money you spent on your R, I hope you race it. You do, don't you?

I just wanted to fuel the fire: 650L are crap, slow, crap suspension & slow also slow. Whatever effort you put in to make the L fast you can just go spend 20 bucks and make the R piss on it! :):D

when you get over 20,000 miles on a xr650r with out any motor work thats when you can brag how good it is.XR650l are the best all around bike you can buy!!!!!!!

I can jump my XR650l 6feet in the air and the bike has no trouble with it.

I will never agree, when you can go over whoops without bottoming then you can brag about how good the L is, :) As I said before the only thing you have over us is electric start, put that on an R and watch the L sales plummet!

I just wanted to fuel the fire: 650L are crap, slow, crap suspension & slow also slow. Whatever effort you put in to make the L fast you can just go spend 20 bucks and make the R piss on it! :D:)

Now that is funny.And true...... :)

Hey BrettJ

I agree, I don't understand why Honda keeps the "L" alive. They should do it like Suzi with the DRZs in two versions. Wouldn't that save a bunch of money in production cost? I doubt that there are that many guys who wouldn't buy it because its watercooled.

Maybe Honda overstocked on "L" frames and is trying to get rid of those :)

Det

I will tell you why Honda doesn't make two models from the XR-R. It's all about the Benjamines, the coin, the $$$$$$$. Do you think Honda makes more profit on a 2005 XR650L at $5499 (parts bin bike with low tech suspension), or a 2005 XR650R (with aluminum frame and racing suspension components)?

It's all about the coin.

If you guys are into jumping, I don't see why you'd be using an XR of any model at all. Why wouldn't you just get a CRF250X? I like the XR650R, but it's still a flying piano when you jump it, no matter how you slice it. Go back and look through the videos sent - there's nothing graceful about a flying R! If you want to jump, then get a bike for jumping. If you want a good solid reliable ride that can power through deep mud, water, sand, sludge, you name it, then get the R. This whole jumping thing seems like a bit of a moot point, as all it proves is that it jumps better than the L at jumping. Big whoop. We know that. It's a straw-man argument. Who cares.

A 6 foot free fall jump on my XR.......... It would bottom out so hard it would register a 8.5 on the Richter scale. This thread is hilarious. :)

I will tell you why Honda doesn't make two models from the XR-R. It's all about the Benjamines, the coin, the $$$$$$$. Do you think Honda makes more profit on a 2005 XR650L at $5499 (parts bin bike with low tech suspension), or a 2005 XR650R (with aluminum frame and racing suspension components)?

With the current steel price on the raise everyone is complaing about these days your aluminum frame should be cheap compared to that ridgit solid steel L frame and if I'm not mistaken then those Asian countries all import steel 100%... :)

A 6 foot free fall jump on my XR.......... It would bottom out so hard it would register a 8.5 on the Richter scale. This thread is hilarious. :)

Come over here, you can land in soft mud... its not so hard on you and the bike :D

BWB, I am thankful that you are a strong "thread" in the threads, and I admire that. Too many people get blown with the breeze today, and forget about the things that they really like doing, like dirt biking or just plain farting around. A lot of hobby-type things are really scorned upon as soon as we hit adulthood, and I think that attitude really sucks, as it makes people ashamed of what they like to do with their time. We have to resist that pressure to conform, and we have to stay true to the things we love. The part that really sucks is for you is that your injuries are holding you back from doing what you love. And if getting on Thumpertalk keeps your spirits up, stay on it dude. I know you've gotten my spirits up by being here, even if I haven't had an XR since I was in the 5th grade. And I check TT at least twice a day for messages, snides, jokes, and info (I can take a lot of abuse).

I'm the counter-example of BWB. I'm the guy that's had very little life (and even less dirt biking) in the last 15 years, and I really regret that. I haven't made time for the things I loved, including the dirtbiking I used to do from my backyard, down the alley, and into the fields. There's a million guys that could tell the exact same story as me, and that's a million sad stories, for sure. It's sad because I could have used dirt biking as an escape from the difficult years I've spent, but I didn't. And now, I'm trying to learn how to bike all over, rather than have it as an innate sense of my "being." And it's tough. And I feel that I've lost an opportunity to continue developing a skill from my youth. All I've managed to squeak out is a couple of years of streetriding at this point.

So when you look at my Avatar, and you see that sliver of a Starbucks cup, that really reflects me, sad to say. I wish I was Borynack, or XR-Det, or Johnny Campbell? :) , but I'm not. I could have been a veteran rider, but, instead, I've spent 14 years trying to build a superstar career instead of doing something good for my spirit. I've collected 5 university degrees - pharmacy, economics, MA (economics), MBA (Ivey), and I've just finished a law degree. And what has that gotten me? More work, more responsibility, and less time on the bike. Who needs it! We should be having fun, not concentrating on work! So an "L" probably really is my speed right now. I didn't buy it because it's better or worse, just because it suits my level of riding right now. If I had been developing my skills and riding the desert, that'd be different. But I'm not. I'm 34 and trying to re-familiarize myself with biking, instead of heading for the Baja for a tenth running.

Jayzonk, nooo nooo nooo not such a post!!!!! :D

We've got a task here to finish - picking on the "R" riders!! No time to feel sorry for yourself!! lol - so get a cold shower and get back on track here :)

I appreciate you wishing to be me, but then you would be 40 and on top a not so good rider :) don't think you want to be there yet. Did I ever say I'm a great rider? I'm just trying hard!! Like you said million of these stories, I've done the same. My last dirtbike was when I was 18, then from 20-30 I rode CBRs. 30-40 was nothing because family and job and now I bought that XRL last year, which woke me up and I added the PW for my son and a CR250 for me this year to really get dirty... I just do it for fun, don't have to compete with anyone - even though I figured I am not that bad afterall. All my riding buddies just hit their 30s. Oh, and for my wife its clear - I have my midlife crisis - lol

BW, that sucks didn't know you've got hurt that long time ago. I thought it just happened recently. Anyway hope for you that it heals up quicker and you get it somehow back together.

Ok, enough whining, can we get back to where we stopped??? BW, maybe you should trade your "R" for "L" to fit your needs :D and Jayzonk put you Starbucks cup down and hmmmm start practicing some wheelies for the beginning.

Noooo, first Jayzonk and now BW. Can you guys please stay on your side??? Its getting confusing on who to pick here...

Soon Jayzonk and BW will be trading bikes :) lol

Hey BW, I've heard that bones will shrink with age but your Xray looks serious. Can't imagine how that feels with that one bone hanging loose. Well, I guess its all what you are used to. I've got a messed up right knee and I know I do left turns much better because of that... I'm always cautious not to load my right leg because my knee will not hold. I just learned to live with it.

Jayzonk, how is wheelie practicing coming along??

XRKing, can you put those two back on the right track???

Its unbelievable, almost 200 replies here in this thread and close to 5000 views and now it takes such a dramatic turn!!

Have a great memorial day :D

I was just givin the 650l shit so I could clock up some posts to get off this damn newbie status, oh that reminds me the 650L is poo :)

Now that sounds better BW!!! :)

Sorry, I'm late - got to run and load up the bikes before my buddy is standing in my driveway...

BWB, did I hear you say, a few threads ago, that you also injured yourself while testing suspensions you set up for guys riding the Baja? I'm a little inexperienced with this, so pardon my ignorance, but how do you get hurt setting up the suspension? Note: I've got a mental picture of you take some bike over a 6 ft dropoff to see if the suspension compresses properly. Meanwhile, your arms, back and neck get seriously jarred, then bashing into the crossbar... :)