Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XR650L_Dave

XR650L- Best Bike in the world-

562 posts in this topic

Best Bike in the World for the kind of riding I want to do now. If I want to do some other kind of riding, maybe I'll buy a different bike.

Now shaddup!

Dave

Best Bike in the World for the kind of riding I want to do now. If I want to do some other kind of riding, maybe I'll buy a different bike.

Now shaddup!

Dave

Ride on............. :)

Now shaddup!

Dave

:D:):) YUP, and so much more advanced than this funny "R" model :D

Airheads ROCK :)

LOL, is that you on your AVATAR? Looks like it needs some air too :D:):D

LOL, is that you on your AVATAR? Looks like it needs some air too :D:):D

Yeah, that's me. I cropped out the wife and pitchfork from the original. You can see the homestead in the background. :)

I'm just glad you said XR650L instead of my pig, or BRP. Then I would have been confused.

Ya know I have been riding for about 40 years now... (scary thought as I get older) rode alot of bikes, street, dual purpose and dirt. Most of all I prefer the old Honda XL's and this the great grandson of all the XR650L.

Finaly, a man who rides for the fun of it. Most of theses guys are so down on the 650L. This is America. I guess they don't know that they don't HAVE to buy one.

I put 47,000 miles on my 94. Never even adjusted the valves. Sold it & bought an 00 650l. Ride it to work all the time. Love it!!! :):):D

Bikes are sooo diffrent. Kind of like tools. If I want to drill a 1/8th inch hole, I pull out the 3/8's inch keyless, chordless Makita. When I need to drill 1/2 inch holes in the frame of my truck, I us my heavy duty 1/2 inch drill. Sure it's big & heavy, but a real lifesaver when I want to get serious about what I'm doing.

3 DRZ's. XR 650L, XR 100, CRF 50, 450 Foreman

If I want to do some other kind of riding, maybe I'll buy a different bike. Dave

Variety is the spice of life...and it's nice to have choices, funds permitting. :)

I started out with XL's a long time ago. Then I picked up a decent used XRL and proceeded to mod the crap out of it, and now look what happened. Air-cooled, water-cooled, dual purpose, dirt only, 2 wheels, 4 wheels...many different machines and all are a hell-uv-alot of fun! :D

I went to get a new bike this year. Thought about another sport bike. Had a bunch, still got a pretty neat parked one. Thought about the riding I do and why I do it. Kept looking at that XR650L. Sat on the 'Prilla, sat on the SV650 and a fancy new Duck, even sat on a KLR450(Imma hardcore vintage Team Green guy). That day, January 31st, I rode away on an '05 XR650L. 500 miles(3 days) later I did all the mods, checked the valves and slapped on a loud can. My bike turned 4000 today. In June I plan to ride it from my home in Austin, TX to LA, CA and back.

Dave, I believe you are correct sir.

In June I plan to ride it from my home in Austin, TX to LA, CA and back.

Why would anyone want to ride a dual sport of any kind that far??