HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XR650L_Dave

XR650L- Best Bike in the world-

562 posts in this topic

Best Bike in the World for the kind of riding I want to do now. If I want to do some other kind of riding, maybe I'll buy a different bike.

Now shaddup!

Dave

Best Bike in the World for the kind of riding I want to do now. If I want to do some other kind of riding, maybe I'll buy a different bike.

Now shaddup!

Dave

Ride on............. :)

Now shaddup!

Dave

:D:):) YUP, and so much more advanced than this funny "R" model :D

Airheads ROCK :)

LOL, is that you on your AVATAR? Looks like it needs some air too :D:):D

LOL, is that you on your AVATAR? Looks like it needs some air too :D:):D

Yeah, that's me. I cropped out the wife and pitchfork from the original. You can see the homestead in the background. :)

I'm just glad you said XR650L instead of my pig, or BRP. Then I would have been confused.

Ya know I have been riding for about 40 years now... (scary thought as I get older) rode alot of bikes, street, dual purpose and dirt. Most of all I prefer the old Honda XL's and this the great grandson of all the XR650L.

Finaly, a man who rides for the fun of it. Most of theses guys are so down on the 650L. This is America. I guess they don't know that they don't HAVE to buy one.

I put 47,000 miles on my 94. Never even adjusted the valves. Sold it & bought an 00 650l. Ride it to work all the time. Love it!!! :):):D

Bikes are sooo diffrent. Kind of like tools. If I want to drill a 1/8th inch hole, I pull out the 3/8's inch keyless, chordless Makita. When I need to drill 1/2 inch holes in the frame of my truck, I us my heavy duty 1/2 inch drill. Sure it's big & heavy, but a real lifesaver when I want to get serious about what I'm doing.

3 DRZ's. XR 650L, XR 100, CRF 50, 450 Foreman

If I want to do some other kind of riding, maybe I'll buy a different bike. Dave

Variety is the spice of life...and it's nice to have choices, funds permitting. :)

I started out with XL's a long time ago. Then I picked up a decent used XRL and proceeded to mod the crap out of it, and now look what happened. Air-cooled, water-cooled, dual purpose, dirt only, 2 wheels, 4 wheels...many different machines and all are a hell-uv-alot of fun! :D

I went to get a new bike this year. Thought about another sport bike. Had a bunch, still got a pretty neat parked one. Thought about the riding I do and why I do it. Kept looking at that XR650L. Sat on the 'Prilla, sat on the SV650 and a fancy new Duck, even sat on a KLR450(Imma hardcore vintage Team Green guy). That day, January 31st, I rode away on an '05 XR650L. 500 miles(3 days) later I did all the mods, checked the valves and slapped on a loud can. My bike turned 4000 today. In June I plan to ride it from my home in Austin, TX to LA, CA and back.

Dave, I believe you are correct sir.

In June I plan to ride it from my home in Austin, TX to LA, CA and back.

Why would anyone want to ride a dual sport of any kind that far??