HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikezilla

crash report

2 posts in this topic

So, I was out riding this past weekend. Still seem to be struggling a little after coming from the Quads. Well, I was in kind of a tighter section of the trail, in second gear going pretty slow, but just not slow enough. Went to stab the rear brake while entering a turn and missed it. Well, this big ole tree decided to slow me down. Didn't seem to hit it very hard, but enough to give me a good thump. Just missed the front tire and the tree caught the upper triple clamp and the handlebars. Well, I though everything was still good, the bike was still running and I was still upright. As I pulled the bike back to ride off, I really smelled GAS! Seems when I thumped the tree, it split my tank from the front outside all the way to the mounting braket on the inside. I had almost a full tank of gas in this thing and the motor was pretty hot. So I turned the bike on its side to let the gas run out without having it pour all over the motor. It sure was a frantic moment for me hoping this whole mess would just go up in flames. After most of the gas ran out of the tank, I decided to ride the bike back to the truck. Well I managed to make it the last 3 mile to the truck. Well, does anyone have a stock tank for a 96 XR600R that they would like to sell or a good aftermaket brand???

Thanks,

Mike