HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Red4x4neck

Squeaky chain

5 posts in this topic

Yes I have lubed the chain :) (multiple times

I just recently replaced the rear wheel bearings and seals

I still get squeky noise when I am riding partial throttle and it seems more pronounced when decelerating. I have a 48 tooth rear and I cant remember the front count.

I have looked at the chain guides and there are definite grooves where the chain rides and I am wonder if this may be what is causing the rolling squeak?

Suggestions?

Rob

I think I have the same noise you're talking about. It sounds like its coming from the counter shaft sprocket on mine. I don't see anything wrong on mine so I'm not worried about it.

Have you guy's greased the swing-arm & linkage bearings? Honda ships theses bikes with nothing more then a film of grease at best in all the bearings, streering stem also. Has been a major problem for lot's of BRP

Is the axle adjustment sqaured from the swing arm bolt, I know on my bike the marks for the rear axle adjustments are not exactly correct.. :D

I measure from the swing arm bolt center to axle center, that way your chain is alighned correctly with the front sprocket to the back... :)

I have re-greased everything on mine. I know the chain alignment is close but I will double check it. I can only hear mine when I let off and its not that bad.