HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bwalky

Price check, '00 and '03

4 posts in this topic

Just returned from a shop that has an '00 XR 650L with 6,000 miles, FMF pipe, small dent in tank for $3899. I thought $3000 seemed fair. They also had a brand new '03 XR 650R and are asking $4899. What do you all think?

It all depends on what kind of riding your going to do, But you can also dualsport the R ......

But I think the XR650R is the better of the 2 bikes... :D

Others will give there thoughts I'm sure ......... :)

I'm with frankstr, IMO the 650R is a more versatile bike that hauls some serious balls.

Especially if everything is set up for you and your riding style.

I think its a lil pricey,

I paid last year for my 2001 XRL $3,000 with 3,300 miles on it, IMS tank, Renthal bars, and BigGun exhaust. If you go to www.nadaguides.com the XRL lists low retail for $1,810 and average $2,380. The "R" lists there for $2,905 - $3,820. Well depends what area you are in and whats offered/available...

I normally look at www.cycletrader.com and search for that model I am looking for nationwide. Gives you also a good idea what everyone is asking, who knows if they get it :)

Good luck shopping around...

Det