HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dabeyta3

What happened?? SUMMARY

26 posts in this topic

What happened is everyone has there own opinion. Some people want a XR650L because they want a great all around bike thats street legal. Some want a XR650R because they need a little extra power and don't care for the street. Others say the 650R has better suspension and weighs less. Most say the XR650L is more comfortable, and easier to start. Whatever your opinion if you want a good all around bike go with the 650L. If you want a crazy race bike go with 650R or better yet the CRF450!!! :)

Whatever your opinion if you want a good all around bike go with the 650L. If you want a crazy race bike go with 650R or better yet the CRF450 or even maybe the YZF450!!!!!

Ohh Brother....

:)

As ugly as that post got, I do believe it brought up some valid points... is it time to split the forum???

As ugly as that post got, I do believe it brought up some valid points... is it time to split the forum???

:):D:)

Split the forum? Us pig lovers are like a brotherhood. I look at this forum and see sometimes 20+ people viewing it. I'd say it grew from one of the smallest forums to on of the largest on TT just recently. Split it? Are you nuts.

I don't think it needs to be split, but I do hate trying to figure out which bike I'm reading about when a post is so generalized (ex. what is the best exhaust for my pig?)

Please put what bike you have in your signature, it would help me out a lot.

Or clarify what bike you have in the title.

I got my 2000 XR650R in Dec. '04 and have been reading this forum ever since. I find it extremely useful and I appreciate all the great info. that is shared free of charge. Being a thumper newb, I don't find many opportunities to contribute, but I know from experience on other forums that I'll contribute more as I gain experience with the bike.

Being new to this forum, I can't speak to the specific changes that have occurred, but it sounds like the same sort of evolution that I've witnessed on other sites. Many forums start out with a core group of very knowledgable contributers, then rapidly grow to the point where the original group can no longer control the discussion. Based on my experience, it's an inevitable consequence of success.

I can identify with the forum vets who feel like they've lost something. My best advice is to do what I do - read what interests you and ignore the rest. If someone has a really basic question, let someone else answer it. If someone cops an attitude over one of your posts, just let it go (most of us can recognize a stupid post when we read it - you don't need to respond).

Bottom-line: This is a great forum undergoing normal growing pains. Hopefully our best contributors don't give up on it.

I've wondered why they lump the 2 bikes together in the same forum from the beginning. It's not like a CRF450-250R/X or YZ/WR450-250 commonality. Truly apples and oranges.

Maybe they could move the 650L's into the DRZ forum... :)

Maybe they could move the 650L's into the DRZ forum... :D

Ehy!! :):D

Then I would have bought a DRZ!!! My "L" is still red and I am proud of it :)

I've wondered why they lump the 2 bikes together in the same forum from the beginning. It's not like a CRF450-250R/X or YZ/WR450-250 commonality. Truly apples and oranges.

Maybe they could move the 650L's into the DRZ forum... :)

The XR600R and the XR650L share, frame, head and cases among other parts. The XR600R won many Bajas before the water buffalo Xr650R came along. Whay the bigotry? Do the "experts" need a forum to debate the benefits of running 11 psi as apposed to 12psi in their rear tires? Where else would a newb ask a question? When I need advice I ussually seek the most experienced person to ask.

The Hell!

All that post did was reinforce the fact that getting 'C's in grammar is NOT OK. :)

All that post did was reinforce the fact that getting 'C's in grammar is NOT OK. :D

:):worthy::D

:)

Well, the similarities between the R's and L's is almost non-existant. But I believe the biggest seperation is the type of rider... I'll leave that interpretation to someone else! :)

The Hell!

All that post did was reinforce the fact that getting 'C's in grammar is NOT OK. :)

Why have you surrounded your C with possessive apostrophe's?, you should have used quotation marks. Learn to speak English!!! :D

Why have you surrounded your C with possessive apostrophe's?, you should have used quotation marks. Learn to speak English!!! :)

You just did the same thing. It's apostrophes. Not the possessive apostrophe's. :D:)

Why have you surrounded your C with possessive apostrophe's?, you should have used quotation marks. Learn to speak English!!! :)

Clown! I did in fact receive (i before e nonsense) 'B's in said classwork. :D

Besides, I might question your punctuation and grammar in similar light.

Well, I guess the point is I can't spell...... Because I was out "R"acing instead of "L"earning. :):D:)